Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Great article on the fake dubai property market

Great article on the fake dubai property market

Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:34 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great article on the fake dubai property market

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...ess_may546.xml

Dubai property: Scenario in 2007
Khaleej Times - 29/05/2005

Gulf money by Matein Khalid

Last edited by Sue; Jun 29th 2005 at 1:52 pm. Reason: Article removed due to possible copyright infringement
Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:36 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great article on the fake dubai property market

Oh and for those that say AMEinfo is an unbiased and non-pressured site, have you ever found it funny that on every article talking about how 'hot dubai real estate is' there are 4 separate emaar ads on the web page...hmmmm....
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:09 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...ess_may546.xml

Dubai property: Scenario in 2007
Khaleej Times - 29/05/2005

Gulf money by Matein Khalid

Hi TA5,

There's a weekly investment advisory program on Dutch TV that basically came to the same conclutions you did about two months back. They went so far as to issue a general investment warning in real estate in Dubai. Nice piece TA5, enjoyed reading it.

Frans
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:51 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Hi TA5,

There's a weekly investment advisory program on Dutch TV that basically came to the same conclutions you did about two months back. They went so far as to issue a general investment warning in real estate in Dubai. Nice piece TA5, enjoyed reading it.

Frans
No problem, I always find it refreshing to find a truthful and well written article about the dubai property market, and not the usual propaganda that flows out of the local 'news'-papers.

I'm beginning to think that the crash will come sooner rather than later, I don't think it will take until 2007 for people to realize that they is horrific oversupply in this 'market' which has priced itself 3-4 times over what values should be at.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:57 am
W10

Have you ever thought about moving to London?

All they ever do there is talk about property prices and 'the market'.

Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:08 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by W10
Have you ever thought about moving to London?

All they ever do there is talk about property prices and 'the market'.

Nope, from what i hear the weather stinks...
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:09 am
W10

And I hear the property market is overvalued

Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5
No problem, I always find it refreshing to find a truthful and well written article about the dubai property market, and not the usual propaganda that flows out of the local 'news'-papers.

I'm beginning to think that the crash will come sooner rather than later, I don't think it will take until 2007 for people to realize that they is horrific oversupply in this 'market' which has priced itself 3-4 times over what values should be at.
I really wish this would happen sooner,so that reality will kick in and put things back into perspective.
But,I really feel sorry for the people,expats,that went and bought at exorbitant prices and premiums,and are now in debt up to their noses.
But,TA5,you must be very observant not to miss an article like this,I had no idea that KT had published such an article,even though I read local news almost daily.
Spot on.
Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:13 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by W10

Yea i hear that as well, but from what i gather its only leveling off, not a bubble the size of alaska.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10
The best thing to do now is go to an underdevelopped Asian,African or South American country,and live the rest of your life there.
I hear that in Bangladesh,a person can live reasonably well for 3 months with USD100.So,with a pocket money of,say 50,000,one can buy his own house,and still live with the remaining money for the rest of his life.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

stormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Frans
So for those (of us) that are thinking about buying what is the best strategy to follow? Sit and wait?
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:05 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stormer
So for those (of us) that are thinking about buying what is the best strategy to follow? Sit and wait?
Be careful I would advise Stormer. With over inflated, unrealistic real estate prices it's not that difficult to loose money. If like the article states, supply catches up with demands. What do you think the big investors will do? Correct, start dumping the real estate on the market. The big boys that buy up big chunks? Don't buy for the same prices you do.

Frans
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:42 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stormer

Wait for everyone else to buy them.....(idiots)...and then perhaps take advantage of cheaper rents.......
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:13 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by shoushou
I really wish this would happen sooner,so that reality will kick in and put things back into perspective.
But,I really feel sorry for the people,expats,that went and bought at exorbitant prices and premiums,and are now in debt up to their noses.
But,TA5,you must be very observant not to miss an article like this,I had no idea that KT had published such an article,even though I read local news almost daily.
Spot on.
Cheers

Yes, obviously as KT and GN are government controlled stuff like this gets pushed to the back of the paper, whereas on the front page you still have 'demand completely overpowering supply in dubai property market...buy buy buy!'

Yes, I will feel a little sorry for the people who have bought properties at any sort of premium, as prices will drop well below original sale prices whenever this happens, and most will be stuck with massive amounts of negative equity. This is the part of the equation that most 'why rent when you can buy' people don't understand. When you go into negative equity, you are basically paying money for absolutely nothing, and there is nothing you can do about it, including moving.

But on the other hand, anybody who has bought here recently clearly doesn't have a clue about 'due diligence' or doesn't have their head screwed on straight.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TA5
Yes, obviously as KT and GN are government controlled stuff like this gets pushed to the back of the paper, whereas on the front page you still have 'demand completely overpowering supply in dubai property market...buy buy buy!'

Yes, I will feel a little sorry for the people who have bought properties at any sort of premium, as prices will drop well below original sale prices whenever this happens, and most will be stuck with massive amounts of negative equity. This is the part of the equation that most 'why rent when you can buy' people don't understand. When you go into negative equity, you are basically paying money for absolutely nothing, and there is nothing you can do about it, including moving.

But on the other hand, anybody who has bought here recently clearly doesn't have a clue about 'due diligence' or doesn't have their head screwed on straight.
So say that someone bought a property and the crash happened and after sometime he got fed up with paying like a dunce,can he not pay for a period of time and then give the property back to the bank,like they do with your car after not paying for a while??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.