Life in Riyadh

Old Oct 11th 2016, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

denizci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in Riyadh

Hi everyone, after relying on this forum when I decided to move to Kuwait about 3.5 years ago from Sydney, I am again at a crossroads and seek your advice for going one better than Kuwait and move to Riyadh. I guess the first question is how difficult the life is in Saudi for a young western family with two children (5 and 1 year olds). A lot information around the restrictions imposed on women, dress, not being able to drive etc. How difficult do you or your wives, friends etc find this aspect of life?

Second question is education, my son is going to an English school in Kuwait, which we are very happy with. How is the availability of quality education in Riyadh?

Third is the accommodation. How much is a good budget for a good quality compound accommodation in a 3 bedroom villa? I am looking at the relatively high end figures here to see how my potential offer will stack up against.

Fourth, is there any travel restrictions. I know there is an exit permit requirement for some public employees when they leave Kuwait. Any rules around that at KSA?

Fifth, could friends and family visit you while you are a resident in KSA? I know there is no visitor visa and obtaining a visa to go to Saudi is difficult but is there a way around this?

Thanks very much for your advice in advance.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in Riyadh

already answered some of this in your duplicate post on the Saudi thread...