Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lack of Clothes - again

Lack of Clothes - again

Old May 15th 2012, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of Clothes - again

Why do people care so much about what OTHER people wear? Don't they have better things to do?
I think all this hoopla about short skirt, Abaya, shorts, knees and shoulders is totally irrelevant.

We all have a body, we all know what a body looks like,it's not a secret...so WTF is the problem????

Sure, I giggle at a person who is obese and thinks to accentuate this with spandex, or a person who's boobs are hanging out...as well as a person cloaked in ALL Black at the beach...all is IMHO, silly.
But do I care? No...not one bit!
Would I tell them to change? Who am I to tell other people what to do???

Well, unless they ask my opinion and pay for my advise, of course.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Why do people care so much about what OTHER people wear? Don't they have better things to do?
I think all this hoopla about short skirt, Abaya, shorts, knees and shoulders is totally irrelevant.

We all have a body, we all know what a body looks like,it's not a secret...so WTF is the problem????

Sure, I giggle at a person who is obese and thinks to accentuate this with spandex, or a person who's boobs are hanging out...as well as a person cloaked in ALL Black at the beach...all is IMHO, silly.
But do I care? No...not one bit!
Would I tell them to change? Who am I to tell other people what to do???

Well, unless they ask my opinion and pay for my advise, of course.
it hurts my eyes and gives me nightmares
Old May 15th 2012, 1:32 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Attached Thumbnails Lack of Clothes - again-clothes.jpg  
Old May 15th 2012, 1:35 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Which proves what? Five women in Dewsbury wear the niqab and some people in Lahore wear normal Western clothes.
Old May 15th 2012, 1:39 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
Which proves what? Five women in Dewsbury wear the niqab and some people in Lahore wear normal Western clothes.
Why do certain people react such irritably?
Old May 15th 2012, 1:40 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northbadawi
Why do certain people react such irritably?
Why do certain people post pointlessly?
Old May 15th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

popsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to all

When I pop over to Dubai, some of the women DO look Inappropriately dressed in the malls to my eyes. But then they do when I go back to the UK as well.

If I'd wear it see my husband's Nan, I'll wear it out and about here as a general rule.

Overall, wear what you like, I say. But I think it's best if you like to look nice, not trashy - whether that's a Primark bikini or a spikes and a truckload of bling.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

popsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to all

When I pop over to Dubai, some of the women DO look Inappropriately dressed in the malls to my eyes. But then they do when I go back to the UK as well.

If I'd wear it see my husband's Nan, I'll wear it out and about here as a general rule.

Overall, wear what you like, I say. But I think it's best if you like to look nice, not trashy - whether that's a Primark bikini or a spikes and a truckload of bling.
Old May 15th 2012, 3:24 pm
Off Topic

Why do certain people post pointlessly?
Not all people assume a politically correct silence as a virtue. Ignore if you have an issues with those with different beliefs.
Old May 16th 2012, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

In the news today...

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/so...onse-1.1023623
Old May 16th 2012, 7:15 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by northbadawi
Not all people assume a politically correct silence as a virtue. Ignore if you have an issues with those with different beliefs.
And yet more nonsense. You don't actually make any sense or valid points.

Oh and you still need to learn what politically correct actually means.
Old May 16th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
I am very pleasantly surprised by the responses posted under the article. I was not aware that so very many people are of the opinion that the culture, tradition and expectations of a host country should be of such immense importance.

Again, it pleases me to no end...now,finally we can drop all this silly PC stuff and get on with our lives ,culturally, traditionally , in the West.
Thanks to all those who have come to our shores to have such high regard for us!
Old May 16th 2012, 10:10 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...today-1.425632

Sharjah has made itself pretty clear.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:19 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by britexpat76
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...today-1.425632

Sharjah has made itself pretty clear.
"A man and a woman who are not in a legally acceptable relationship should not, according to the booklet, be alone in public places, or in suspicious times or circumstances"

So theoretically I could be breaking these rules if I had a business meeting with a man in Sharjah?
Old May 16th 2012, 10:22 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

"A man and a woman who are not in a legally acceptable relationship should not, according to the booklet, be alone in public places, or in suspicious times or circumstances"

So theoretically I could be breaking these rules if I had a business meeting with a man in Sharjah?
It looks that way. Does that mean you would have to take Mr Meow or a family member with you to every meeting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.