Kuwait

Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:14 am
Just Joined

luke.82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kuwait

I have been offered a job in Kuwait CIty, I am very excited about this prospect. However I am worried about my Visa application. I have 2 spent convictions from over 10 years ago. Would this stop me from gaining a working visa?

1 was a court martial only 30 days detention (not sure how that compares to a civilian court) 2004 miss use of a fuel card

the 2nd was assault in 2006 I had a suspended sentence.

Any advice would be great, I don't wish to waste any time or the companies money if I will get refused.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kuwait

Usually the enhanced CRB check shows court martial offenses however I know summary hearings (usually) do not show up.

Get a (enhanced) CRB done for yourself and you will find out what it shows.

(p.s the excitement for Kuwait is very short-lived - make sure you are being paid well !)
Old Jan 25th 2017, 8:30 am
Just Joined

lau07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are planning on moving to Kuwait this year with our two daughters. 2 and 14 years old.
Does anyone have any advice please?
Information?
My husband will be working in Ahmadi.

Thanks

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Usually the enhanced CRB check shows court martial offenses however I know summary hearings (usually) do not show up.

Get a (enhanced) CRB done for yourself and you will find out what it shows.

(p.s the excitement for Kuwait is very short-lived - make sure you are being paid well !)
Old Jan 25th 2017, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

What advice do you need ?

Ahmadi is the southern part of the country dominated by the oil sectors and desert (but you do have a great golf course by Chevron!)

Mostly populated by americans and some (ex) military

Depends what role your husband does may dicatate your lifestyle
Old Jan 25th 2017, 11:16 am
Just Joined

lau07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply.
My husband is a surgeon so he will be working at the hospital there.
We lived in India previously, he is Indian and I am British. I had great difficulty adapting and wondered if you could share advice on best areas to live, good schools, day to day life.
My main concern is our safety. I've read on a few forums that it's quite safe.

Thanks again

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
What advice do you need ?

Ahmadi is the southern part of the country dominated by the oil sectors and desert (but you do have a great golf course by Chevron!)

Mostly populated by americans and some (ex) military

Depends what role your husband does may dicatate your lifestyle
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Best areas to live are difficult - Misref in the middle is a decent affluent area for families but depending on the housing allowances you are looking for a minimum of KD1,300-1,500 per month for a villa (not many apartments around there). Best thing to do for accommodation is rent a serviced apartment for 3 months to get your feet wet and find an area you like.

Schools - BSK, TES are decent from what I have heard again and close to Misref.

Day-to-day life - if you like malls and eating this is heaven and can do it consistently day-in-day-out.

If you hate it like me then use every weekend to get out of the country and explore the world (within 48-50 hours!). How feasible it is with a rugrat or 2 you would need to decide!.

Best thing to do is to join various clubs - the sailing club is decent as well as the rugby club.

Safety - There are no concerns with safety walking down a street (if you ever manage to walk a whole street) as everyone drives. Driving safety is an experience !!

Hope it works out