Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KSA - Employment Contract Resignation

KSA - Employment Contract Resignation

Old Feb 7th 2015, 5:13 am
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough
Default KSA - Employment Contract Resignation

I have recently submitted my 3 months resignation notice iaw employment contract conditions. If my employer wishes me to leave earlier, for example within 1-2 months (me and the boss dont get on, he is not Saudi), are they obliged to pay the remaining notice period?. Not sure what the law is exactly. Any feedback appreciated.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Jadal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: KSA - Employment Contract Resignation

To try to answer you accurately, could you tell how long your contract is? And how long have you been working for them? And are you on a work visa (with Iqama) or on a business visit visa?
Old Feb 14th 2015, 2:19 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jadal
To try to answer you accurately, could you tell how long your contract is? And how long have you been working for them? And are you on a work visa (with Iqama) or on a business visit visa?
Hi Jadal, I am on a working contract with Iqama. Either party can give 3 months notice. Its a 3 year contract and I have completed 1 year in 2 weeks time.

Regards
Old Feb 15th 2015, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I see it if you resigned, they can tell you to go away as soon as your paperwork is cleared.
If they would have fired you, they would have to give the compensation for the 3 months.

But anyway, logic is a little bit distorted out here, so its better to wait for someone with experience