Job offer opinion

Old Jul 21st 2016, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

cookiedubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer opinion

Hi, I just wanted to ask for your opinion on a proposed salary for a General Manager role that I am hoping to move into the end of this year, unfortunately I do not have the exact details as of yet only top line figures.

The figures I have at the moment are:
Salary of $150k USD pa including car and housing allowance
Bonus up to 30% of base

I would be leading the entry of our company into the UAE market, my company provides external cladding solutions for major projects.

Initially leading a team of 8 people growing to 19 by the end of 2017. T/O at the end of 2017 projected to be over $10mil USD.

I have never worked in the UAE before but have visited many times in the past. I know it is tax free on income but the cost of living is quite high.

Would be grateful for your opinion on these figures and if they are competitive for the UAE.

Thanks in advance,

John
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer opinion

Thats around 46,000 AED Per Month all in . It's not too bad but not great but to be honest it's relative to what you are getting now and what you are prepared to leave behind. Who is covering your set up costs , that's the big question.

The accommodation and car will take a massive chunk out of it , you need a better detailed offer on the specifics of who pays what and when. The all in figures look ok if the firm is going to rent you a place then deduct the balance from your monthly earnings.

Set up costs here are horrendous and people get into trouble because they don't factor that in or calculate the on costs.

More detail needed
Old Jul 24th 2016, 3:41 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds light, i thought GM's were on mega bucks
Old Jul 24th 2016, 4:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Is your cladding flammable?
Old Jul 24th 2016, 4:42 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is your cladding flammable?
2 weeks ago a new code/standard came out, so all future buildings will be okay, but you can't fix the previous ones...
Old Jul 24th 2016, 5:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by iggle
2 weeks ago a new code/standard came out, so all future buildings will be okay, but you can't fix the previous ones...
Mine's basically tinder. But no swiping.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

our GM is on GBP 105k pa basic.

On top of that the company pays for his 3 bed villa in Jumeriah (AED 250k); his DEWA (approx. AED 3-4k per month) and his car (AED 36k-40k pa).
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:07 am
Just Joined

cookiedubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!!!
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
our GM is on GBP 105k pa basic.

On top of that the company pays for his 3 bed villa in Jumeriah (AED 250k); his DEWA (approx. AED 3-4k per month) and his car (AED 36k-40k pa).

Peasant.