Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job offer - is it legit?

Job offer - is it legit?

Old Apr 9th 2017, 7:30 am
Just Joined

alim66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Job offer - is it legit?

Hi, i'm new to the forum, please can anyone give me any information on the following company - Nordic Gulf Energy, Dubai Investment Park 1, Plot no. 598-1124.

I was contacted by the company as they saw my CV on a portal, I am registered on lots of websites, so didn't think it was unusual. The job was for an Administration Manager, I was very interested so applied. I got a confirmation email on receipt of my application form, then didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, On Thursday, i received a job offer and contract, all looks very legit! I researched and researched, the company seems to exist, and I can't find anything bad about them. But , I haven't had an interview, the salary and benefits are fabulous and to me it all seems to good to be true.

They are not asking for any money, apart from paying for my visa, which will be reimbursed, the link to the visa company they have sent is Global Immigration Network UAE.

I have emailed them back with some questions, and also thinking that I will phone them too.

Has anyone heard of them/know anything about the company?
Old Apr 9th 2017, 7:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Job offer - is it legit?

Must be fake.

We've had some sent out on behalf of us, with our logo and they're very very fake. Great money, locations all stack up, don't ask for any money (initially) and all seems legit.....but still too good to be true.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply, I did think it was very strange.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i think you need to use a bit of common sense here - what genuine company in their right mind would make a job offer without even having seen the candidate, let alone conducted an interview.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply, that was in fact one of my questions to them, I knew it couldn't be real, and also I wouldn't want to accept a job without having an interview, at the very minimum a skype interview! , but there was just a tiny bit a hope!
Old Apr 9th 2017, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Telling you to pay for your own visa is also a massive red-flag.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 3:20 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alim66

They are not asking for any money, apart from paying for my visa, which will be reimbursed, the link to the visa company they have sent is Global Immigration Network UAE.
They maybe in cahoots with this visa company and taking in the money for non existent visa applications/processing etc.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archie159
Telling you to pay for your own visa is also a massive red-flag.
BIG TIME!

I have a position open tho. $1 squillion annual salary for just 2hrs a day. Just send me $10K to process the visa and I'll be in touch with a start date and your sign on bonus once the visa is approved....