Reload this Page >

Job Offer in Bahrain

Job Offer in Bahrain

Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

scarpper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer in Bahrain

Hi all,

I am new to this site but I have been offered a job in Bahrain ad as I don't know too much about it I would like some advice. I am a 27 year old single Irish guy moving over. The culture is not a problem as I have traveled a lot and lived in Brazil for a while (love that place).

1) I am being offered a salary of 1400 BD per month and a relocation allowance of 750 BD along with a furnishing allowance of 1,200 BD. Is this enough to live comfortably and save about 250BD per month?

2) As a single guy moving over what is the social scene as I am quite a social person and I like going out and meeting people. What is it like for a single guy there?

Thats about it I suppose as they are my main too worries as I know there is plenty sports to play.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer in Bahrain

Originally Posted by scarpper
Hi all,

I am new to this site but I have been offered a job in Bahrain ad as I don't know too much about it I would like some advice. I am a 27 year old single Irish guy moving over. The culture is not a problem as I have traveled a lot and lived in Brazil for a while (love that place).

1) I am being offered a salary of 1400 BD per month and a relocation allowance of 750 BD along with a furnishing allowance of 1,200 BD. Is this enough to live comfortably and save about 250BD per month?

2) As a single guy moving over what is the social scene as I am quite a social person and I like going out and meeting people. What is it like for a single guy there?

Thats about it I suppose as they are my main too worries as I know there is plenty sports to play.

What job is it doing?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:08 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a while since I lived there, so lost track of accommodation costs. The social scene was not bad, we have a new guy there in his mid-20s who loves it.

There is the yacht club if you are into sailing/scuba, they used to have sports teams at the Dilmun club and if you are into rugby the rugby club was always good fun.

We enjoyed our time in Bahrain, very different to Dubai but not necessarily in a bad way. Mixed with Bahrainis and they were a really nice bunch of people.

Try googling Gulf Daily News, they have a section on rentals which will give you an idea. Juffair/Adliya used to be popular with single people.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

scarpper is an unknown quantity at this point

its an audit manager role (Different title but equivalent). In the big four.