Reload this Page >

Job offer Abu Dhabi

Job offer Abu Dhabi

Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Liotru is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Job offer Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone,

I have received a job offer to move to Abu Dhabi but I am worried about salary expectations.
They offered me AED20k monthly which I am not sure whether is enough to save + 1 bed apartment provided for free from the company in Zayed sports city area.

I will move there with my wife, we have no kids,and she is looking for a job too.
We like to have a normal lifestyle, maybe dining out 2-3 times x week and go to the cinema once a month....nothing too fancy...

The offer include medical insurance but not the utility bills from the flat provided.

I would like to ask:
1) Is Zayed sports city a good area to live for expat?
2) Is the salary offered enough to support my lifestyle and make some savings?
3) Once the flat is given, where the rest of the salary usually goes?
4) Does it make any difference for my wife to look for a job from the UK or after she is in AD with a dependent visa?
5) What is the best website/company to rent a car from?

Sorry for so many questions....it is a big step to do for us!

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Job offer Abu Dhabi

What do you do for a living?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:49 am
Just Joined

My role will be as allied health professional....hope the salary is not too low....
Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Liotru
My role will be as allied health professional....hope the salary is not too low....
What is an "allied health professional"? A nurse? Doctor (I assume not...)? Hard to comment about the salary without knowing that.

Zayed Sports City is at the bottom end of the island, quite a way from the city centre, but a nice area (depending precisely on where you live). If you play rugby, football, do iceskating, bowling etc, then it'll be great. There's a bar in ZSC, and several good hotels (bars, restaurants etc) nearby.

Re your wife - depends what her profession is. It is generally easier to find work once you are here - but there are some exceptions.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by archie159
What is an "allied health professional"? A nurse? Doctor (I assume not...)? Hard to comment about the salary without knowing that.

Zayed Sports City is at the bottom end of the island, quite a way from the city centre, but a nice area (depending precisely on where you live). If you play rugby, football, do iceskating, bowling etc, then it'll be great. There's a bar in ZSC, and several good hotels (bars, restaurants etc) nearby.

Re your wife - depends what her profession is. It is generally easier to find work once you are here - but there are some exceptions.
I ll be more specific, my job will be Physiotherapist and my wife is working in HR....any advise?
Thank you very much!

Last edited by Liotru; Jan 26th 2016 at 12:05 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:57 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I ll be more specific, my job will be Physiotherapis and my wife is working in HR....any advise?
OMG! You cannot spell your own job title! And unless you are American (or pinoy) it is spelt advice. Which country are you from because that makes a BIG difference.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

It was just a type mistake from the iPhone!
Is anyone able to give me some genuine indications on my questions to clarify my doubts?
This will be much appreciated!

:-)
Old Jan 26th 2016, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

It was just a type mistake from the iPhone!
Is anyone able to give me some genuine indications on my questions to clarify my doubts?
This will be much appreciated!

:-)
Which country is your passport from??
Old Jan 26th 2016, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikewot
Which country is your passport from??
UK
Old Jan 26th 2016, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

UK Passport but I think not a national as you are not a native English speaker.

The offer include medical insurance but not the utility bills from the flat provided.
Medical is required by law, I don't know average bills from ADWE but prices have gone up Abu Dhabi raises water, electricity tariffs | GulfNews.com
I would like to ask:
1) Is Zayed sports city a good area to live for expat?Previously answered
2) Is the salary offered enough to support my lifestyle and make some savings? Roughly 3500 GBP a month, no tax and rent free
3) Once the flat is given, where the rest of the salary usually goes?Where you spend it now?
4) Does it make any difference for my wife to look for a job from the UK or after she is in AD with a dependent visa?Previously answered
5) What is the best website/company to rent a car from?I don't know AD but this question asked and answered many times on the bored
Ciao bella!
Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I know people who have less but lead very simple lives.

There are entertainer books which provide half price coupons to restaurants etc. Do you get a flight home once a year for the two of you?

When your wife gets work, you will be fine. I reckon you could do it on your salary without living the high life.

Diamond rent a car might be cheaper and also, there are rental car services at spinneys and al wadha mall.