Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A job in Kuwait, would you?

A job in Kuwait, would you?

Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough
Default A job in Kuwait, would you?

Help..... I have a possible job offer in an English school in Kuwait, but know very little about this part of the Middle East. As a 40 something British male abroad what can I expect to find of the lifestyle, culture etc, is it going to be similar to life in Jeddah for instance or a very different experience. Also what about quality of life outside work, and financial comparisons? any advice would be great thanks all.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

JimandBettina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A job in Kuwait, would you?

Hi,

I live in Kuwait and can Give you advice. Which school are you looking at?

J
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Hi J,

Thanks, however I have decided that the school is not the right school for me so it will not be Kuwait in September, thanks anyway.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:35 am
Banned

jim.sebz is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Kuwait for 3.5 years, i used to live in fahaheel (Not sure i spelled that right) fahaheel was quite boring! i used to live in the Hilton resort. Don't live in fahaheel if its in an apartment or villa, because its a very boring area to be in or live in. Overall i would say Kuwait is an Oo-Kay country and definitely more open than Saudi Arabia.

If you managed to survive living in Saudi Arabia, then I'm pretty sure you can survive Kuwait. Kuwait is a bit more culturally diverse than Saudi Arabia.