Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

If there was a property crash in Dubai..

If there was a property crash in Dubai..

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If there was a property crash in Dubai..

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
very true TA but I got a feeling she will make on this one, Marina view etc, if she keeps it too long thought that might well be a different story
since putting this on here I have been told that it has only gone up 40,000 dhs and she bought it well over a year ago! so all the talk about 500,000 dhs etc was a load of crap!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:55 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Looks like their getting nervous
Heh! Note how it's only the people with a vested interest in talking up the market who insist that there is no correction on the way, whereas just about any independent analyst you care to consult says the opposite

Did anyone see the interview with the guy behind Dubai Lagoon in 7 Days a few months ago? He insisted that demand was still strong and prices were only going to appreciate... and yet every single edition of 7 Days for months has been carrying a 1-page advert trying to flog apartments at the Lagoon. They've even tried targeting companies ("Use your employees' rent allowance to buy apartments, then they will be paying you rent!")... you'd have to be stupid not to realise that it's desperation.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Heh! Note how it's only the people with a vested interest in talking up the market who insist that there is no correction on the way, whereas just about any independent analyst you care to consult says the opposite

Did anyone see the interview with the guy behind Dubai Lagoon in 7 Days a few months ago? He insisted that demand was still strong and prices were only going to appreciate... and yet every single edition of 7 Days for months has been carrying a 1-page advert trying to flog apartments at the Lagoon. They've even tried targeting companies ("Use your employees' rent allowance to buy apartments, then they will be paying you rent!")... you'd have to be stupid not to realise that it's desperation.
they don't seem to be able to give the Lagoons away and International Shitty.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Overheard an interesting conversation during lunch today. A person who appeared to be a property developer was telling her associates to move on selling vacant units. She was telling them to encourage people to borrow money to buy units because they would have a GUARANTEED profit within two years of at least 30%.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:11 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crash
A person who appeared to be a property developer was telling her associates to move on selling vacant units. She was telling them to encourage people to borrow money to buy units because they would have a GUARANTEED profit within two years of at least 30%.
A property developer encouraging people to buy property? Wow, there's a shock.

You should have asked her if she was prepared to put that guarantee in writing, too.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Overheard an interesting conversation during lunch today. A person who appeared to be a property developer was telling her associates to move on selling vacant units. She was telling them to encourage people to borrow money to buy units because they would have a GUARANTEED profit within two years of at least 30%.
I hope all the garbage they are "building" in the ME will crash down on them, greedy buggers, the way they are building , it most probably will.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Emaar still act like they own the 'freehold' properties in their developments - they want property owners to shell out 5,000 for a 'no objection certificate' if the owner want to sell his/her property!

Then Property Weekly also reported the following :
  1. Homeowners are finding they have limited leeway in choosing service providers for their communities and have to make do with the more expensive ones provided by the developers.

2. Even cooking gas delivery vans, drinking water delivery, newspaper and magazine vendors have to pay a charge of Dh600 per annum - if they have to deliver to residents in these developments. Obviously these costs get passed on to residents.

3. Residents also need to pay a sewage charge twice — once to Dewa and once through Emaar.

4. “Transfer fees as an example can vary. While some may charge Dh5,000, others can go higher," explains Solaiman. There is one private developer taking Dh15,000 for transfer charges.

5. “The developer puts what ever he wants on the contract paper, and often does not include details. Today as a seller, I have no choice, I have to pay. Changes will never come unless the procedures get clearly laid down from the Land Department.”

6. Meanwhile, Seward-Case (an owner) adds: “What we are saying is developers must discuss the charging mechanism with us. They haven’t discussed options with residents, haven’t confirmed where the funds are going.

I would feel more like a tenant that an owner....
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GarethR
A property developer encouraging people to buy property? Wow, there's a shock.

You should have asked her if she was prepared to put that guarantee in writing, too.

Would have loved to ask her that, I've only been here a few days and I have already seen the blatant lies from them....
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:07 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Would have loved to ask her that, I've only been here a few days and I have already seen the blatant lies from them....
are you thinking of buying?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to move into a villa and live in it without the landlord knowing...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Is it possible to move into a villa and live in it without the landlord knowing...
Yep........if you can turn yourself into a roach
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MataHari
are you thinking of buying?
From everything I have read, I don't think buying anything here would be advisable. That's my long answer, my short answer is NO. I did take some time today to look at a couple of villas, they seem nice, and they were expensive.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Yep........if you can turn yourself into a roach
If I can do that then who can stop me from building a machine that can take me to the future???
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

From everything I have read, I don't think buying anything here would be advisable. That's my long answer, my short answer is NO. I did take some time today to look at a couple of villas, they seem nice, and they were expensive.
Rent a house with a reasonable rent...It all goes down the drain in the end...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Confucius;4655043]Rent a house with a reasonable rent...quote]
where's that then...?

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.