Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How did you end up here???

How did you end up here???

Old May 26th 2007, 4:26 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you end up here???

Anthea Turner is to blame for my move to Dubai!

DH was fed up of life in the UK and wanted to move to Oz. I said no, as it was too far from home etc. We were watching TV one night and House Hunters in the Sun was on. It was Anthea and Grant in Dubai. I turned to DH and said "we can move there if you like"!

I went to a conference in London a couple of weeks later and was approached by a recruitment company and they asked if I was looking for work. Initially I said no, but then went back to them and asked if they had any offices abroad. Yes, we have offices in Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Cork. I laughed and asked if they had any offices in Dubai. It just so happened that they were setting up an office in Dubai so we swapped business cards. I send them mine and DH's CV and just that week they had taken on a role for an architect so DH was flown out here by the potential employer. He spent a night here and when they dropped him back to the airport they asked when he was joining. 4 weeks later he was here and I followed a couple of weeks later after looking after packing up the house etc.
Old May 27th 2007, 3:52 am
W10

I was sent here by the CIA (whoops)

Old May 27th 2007, 5:23 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Anthea Turner is to blame for my move to Dubai!

DH was fed up of life in the UK and wanted to move to Oz. I said no, as it was too far from home etc. We were watching TV one night and House Hunters in the Sun was on. It was Anthea and Grant in Dubai. I turned to DH and said "we can move there if you like"!

I went to a conference in London a couple of weeks later and was approached by a recruitment company and they asked if I was looking for work. Initially I said no, but then went back to them and asked if they had any offices abroad. Yes, we have offices in Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Cork. I laughed and asked if they had any offices in Dubai. It just so happened that they were setting up an office in Dubai so we swapped business cards. I send them mine and DH's CV and just that week they had taken on a role for an architect so DH was flown out here by the potential employer. He spent a night here and when they dropped him back to the airport they asked when he was joining. 4 weeks later he was here and I followed a couple of weeks later after looking after packing up the house etc.
That women has a lot to answer for
My house is now full of lemons and white vinegar!
Old May 27th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

hi yo with the nice legs...is your OH enjoying iwork over there as an architect?

Originally Posted by Miss Eck

so DH was flown out here
Old May 27th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Fate!!!! Brought me to this country. One day I was sitting at my Spritual Teachers place, and a friend of mine asked me what are your plans, Before this question was asked i never thought of Dubai. When the qustion was asked, I instantly answered, I think I should go to Dubai and then all is history, here I am.

MH What About u?
Old May 27th 2007, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAMS
Fate!!!! Brought me to this country. One day I was sitting at my Spritual Teachers place, and a friend of mine asked me what are your plans, Before this question was asked i never thought of Dubai. When the qustion was asked, I instantly answered, I think I should go to Dubai and then all is history, here I am.

MH What About u?
Take me to your leader...
Old May 27th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius
Take me to your leader...
What you are looking at?

The Longing has to be there and you'll find one
Old May 27th 2007, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

What you are looking at?

The Longing has to be there and you'll find one
You want my avatar to look away???
Old May 27th 2007, 6:39 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I lied. I was actually abducted by sexually-frustrated aliens while I was watching the X-factor on TV back in North Yorkshire. The aliens probed me for a few days, stretched my tongue, then dumped me on the heli pad at the Burj Al Arab. Sadly, the MISSUS found me.
Old May 27th 2007, 6:43 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

MH What About u?
a plane brought me here....the rest is history...
Old May 27th 2007, 6:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You want my avatar to look away???
no, he can look as much as he likes....
Old May 27th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

History gone.............................................. ...

lets Enjoy.................................. & have fun
Old May 27th 2007, 8:29 am