Housing in Saudi

Old Nov 26th 2014, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

EK28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Housing in Saudi

Husband is still in negotiations for job in Saudi and having a meltdown trying to find up to date prices for compounds in Riyadh!

Does anyone have even a rough idea of the cost of a 2 bed place in any decent Western compounds? My husband will go first and has shared housing in place so we don't have to worry about waiting lists right now but it's just to get a rough idea so we know what to budget for and if we are being taken for a ride (the HR man we are dealing with is confident that we can rent somewhere on a compound for less than 150,000 but Im not so sure).

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2014, 8:41 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing in Saudi

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...mpound-789469/
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

I had seen that thread but it was talking about compounds for 300k a year which is obviously way out of our budget.

Im guessing we can get somewhere for 150k in Riyadh at least 2 beds in a decent western compound no problem then?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Mr Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Arabian Homes is circa SAR175k for a 2 bed villa.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

I rent the top floor of a villa, 2 bed, 2 bath, big kitchen, 2 living rooms and a large roof terrace for 26k a year near to the Granada Mall.....its not in a compound.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Our company is only giving us about 80k so we need to top up which is fine as there r two of is working but not sure if 175k is too much. I'll have a look tho!
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

DubinRiyadh how is it living off compound? We r looking at staying long term so it might b something to think about once we are settled
Old Nov 27th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Its fine, I have lived in 2 compounds here in the past and I prefer to live off. Riyadh is fine as long as you get out of it every so often.
You can plan nice holidays and always have something good to look forward to.
There's good shopping and 'real' sales with 50% off (got the missus a nice handbag last night, was 250 Euro a week ago and 120 now)
There are loads of good restaurants and good supermarkets for food shopping.
You can watch all the British soaps if that's your thing.
You can be in India or Africa in less than 3 hours from Riyadh or visit Bahrain or one of the Emirates for a weekend...
Old Nov 27th 2014, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your advice. I think we will try compound for first year and see how we get on but it's def a consideration for the future
Old Nov 27th 2014, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Welcome, you need any help you know where I am
Old Nov 27th 2014, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

spannermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the stages of heading over in the next month or so and have been informed my accommodation is around around $100K, that said its everything included and at the higher end of the market, just glad I'm not paying.

Makes you stop and think that when the media in the west bemoans landlords who 'rip off' tenants, they should take a look towards the Middle East as $100K a year in rent gets you a country estate where I am now, actually you would likely get 2!
Old Nov 27th 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ur getting 375k a year in rent? Well that's worrying me slightly. Brilliant
Old Dec 15th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Sikander of Riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point

A 2-bed in Seder Village Compound should be below SAR 120k per year. Same for Al-Waha Garden Village Compound. Seder Village is almost exclusively Western and Al-Waha Garden Village has a mixed community but fairly quiet and family friendly. Make sure you check the compounds before moving in as you will need to pay the rent for a year upfront. It is common for employers to provide the housing allowance as an advance so this should not be an issue.