Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

housing recommendations Doha and any Motocross

housing recommendations Doha and any Motocross

Old Aug 12th 2015, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Jonesy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default housing recommendations Doha and any Motocross

Hi my first post here. I have an opportunity with Qatargas working at their headquarters building. Have a young family (2 year old) looking for recommendations on a place to live that will be good for the wife to make new friends and not take to long to for me to get to work. I'm currently budgeting QAR13k per month. Any suggestions?

Also is there any people doing any non serious dirt bike ridding?

Finally I'm budgeting £2k per month for living costs and utilities OTT?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: housing recommendations Doha and any Motocross

Originally Posted by Jonesy99
Hi my first post here. I have an opportunity with Qatargas working at their headquarters building. Have a young family (2 year old) looking for recommendations on a place to live that will be good for the wife to make new friends and not take to long to for me to get to work. I'm currently budgeting QAR13k per month. Any suggestions?

Also is there any people doing any non serious dirt bike ridding?

Finally I'm budgeting £2k per month for living costs and utilities OTT?

Thanks in anticipation.
Look in areas such as Al Waab / Abu Hammour / An Khalid / Azziziya . You'll pick something up such as a 3-4 bed villa for around 11-15,000 QR. I wouldn't go for an apartment if i had a family because they're not good value for money and the utilities are higher especially on The Pearl . Villas are the best bet IMO.

Traffic is shit here all the time so it will take you time to get to work , i assume the Ras Gas HQ is in West Bay . it will take you 30-45mins to get there from the above maybe longer if it goes tits up on the road.

Utilities will cost you between 500-1200 QR per month and that included internet connection and i would budget a min of 2000 QR for food . What you spend on booze and eating out is variable to be honest , it's expensive here and it'll suck the cash out of you if you don't get your sums right .

Plenty boys flying around the dunes on Motorcross bikes not sure if there's any clubs , check out www.timeoutdoha for a bit more info .
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

CountingStars is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also in a similar situation to the original poster and looking at places to move into at the end of this year with my wife and child.

Which communities are the best to live in (in terms of facilities, best schools, close to supermarket etc) out of those in the areas you mentioned?
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that info co Duraham boy.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi co Duraham boy hope your good. I think we like from browsing the Al Farden Gardens maybe 5 near Villagio mall.. I think I'm looking at 45 mins to an hour to QatatGas head office near Westbay in the rush hour, sounds right?

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 7th 2015, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonesy99
Hi co Duraham boy hope your good. I think we like from browsing the Al Farden Gardens maybe 5 near Villagio mall.. I think I'm looking at 45 mins to an hour to QatatGas head office near Westbay in the rush hour, sounds right?

Cheers
Mark
Yes that's about right mate , 45-60 mins . Traffic is a nightmare but that's the way it is here .

The Al Fardan places are pretty decent digs , better than most here .