Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Housing in Abu Dhabi

Housing in Abu Dhabi

Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Ryanchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Housing in Abu Dhabi

Can someone please provide the pros and cons of living in St.Regis Saadiyat Island and Etihad Towers?

Many thanks
Old Feb 14th 2017, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Pamplona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Housing in Abu Dhabi

There's a recent thread on towers in Abu Dhabi - worth a read (in fact if you're new, like me, lots of dominomans stuff is really useful)
Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Shawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond repute

Both are lovely, pick of the bunch in AD, I don't think you can fault either. Both same distance to ADIA too.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Pamplona is an unknown quantity at this point

Any thoughts on WTC? From pictures (misleading?) it looks nicer than Eitihad Towers. I think Saadiyat is a totally different proposition though I haven't seen any housing there.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

ShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to all

I've seen both - they're both nice, but I'd recommend looking up dominoman's posts too - he's done a lot of research on these.

For me personally, the pros of Etihad Towers were that it's great for networking since a lot of ADIA folks live there, premium location on the Corniche, great views, nicely maintained buildings. The cons - I didn't like the layout of the apartments, and I also absolutely hated the fact that there are no windows or balconies, so no fresh air at home.

Saadiyat - I personally didn't like the apartment I saw - it was a bit dull and dingy, but it had a balcony / windows. The pros- it had a very resorty feel because it's by the beach and it's part of / adjoining a resort hotel, so there are tons of restaurants in the compound. But it is a 20-25 min drive to ADIA.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Ryanchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies!
Old Feb 25th 2017, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Nation towers (next to Etihad towers) is worth a look too. Lot's of people at work live there and they all love it. The only downsides are kitchen's slightly on the small side, and windows don't open.
Everyone I know who's there has been there for couple of years and loves it.

Al Marasay apartments at Bateen are lovely too. Low rise. Big balconies. Two people I know live there and again they wouldn't move! Lots of happy people.

Those are all top end places you're looking at. If you want a bit more space for your money Reem island is packed full of expats and has some great buildings with all the usual facilities and pools.