Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hire Car Excess insurance

Hire Car Excess insurance

Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hire Car Excess insurance

Has anyone had any success in buying a car hire excess insurance policy recently? I've just been advised by my current provider (worldwideinsure.com) that they no longer offer insurance to non-European residents. I've previously used insurance4carhire.com and they have the same restriction. It's a bit of a pain, as i'd like to avoid the over the counter daily rates if possible.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hire Car Excess insurance

because of this restriction and the fact that in over 20 years of renting cars overseas the excess only became necessary once, i never bother with any extra cover when renting. By self-insuring, I have saved myself hundreds, if not thousands of quid over that period.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with worldwideinsure too.... but mine doesn't expire until March so unaware of any others.

Last time I did a bit of a search online and read a few 'which' reviews etc.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks. I'll keep looking. I'd rather not gamble as i've been unlucky in the past with random drivers damaging my car whilst it was parked in a hotel carpark....
Old Jul 7th 2017, 6:55 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fezzer
Thanks. I'll keep looking. I'd rather not gamble as i've been unlucky in the past with random drivers damaging my car whilst it was parked in a hotel carpark....
If you google you'll find a few who don't restrict residency at around the same price of 70 euro per year: I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago (following a claim amazingly enough.....). But check your credit cards as you may find one of them already covers this especially if it's platinum.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

icarhireinsurance
Old Jul 9th 2017, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by csdf
icarhireinsurance
Thanks for the info. These guys only cover you in European destinations if you live outside Europe, but that'll probably work for us in any case. I guess the insurance companies aren't interested in the market anymore.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 5:19 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fezzer
Thanks for the info. These guys only cover you in European destinations if you live outside Europe, but that'll probably work for us in any case. I guess the insurance companies aren't interested in the market anymore.
Odyssey