Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! Freelancer wanting to move to Dubai...

Help! Freelancer wanting to move to Dubai...

Old Aug 4th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

f13ld79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I have a situation that i'm hoping some if you lovely folk can advise me on.

My Fiance has recently accepted a job out in Dubai, and we are looking to move out there in September this year. We are not married and although my Fiance has a job lined up already with full working Visas etc, i will be arriving on a tourist visa at this stage.

I'm a freelance photographer who will be looking for work when i arrive, and therefore i guess i will be arriving on a tourist visa at first. Obviously i want to get set up on a residents visa asap as i assume i won't be able to get a car etc without this. Plus medical care etc etc...

Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? And if so, how did you approach changing from a tourist to a resident / working visa on a freelance basis?

Also, will the fact that we aren't married cause havoc when applying for said visas? We aren't against the idea of getting married before we come out there, but with a million things to sort out and only a month to go, it's looking like time will be an issue!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oh, forgot to add that we are from the UK. Thanks!

Last edited by mikewot; Aug 9th 2014 at 12:08 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Freelancer wanting to move to Dubai...

Originally Posted by f13ld79
Hi there,

I have a situation that i'm hoping some if you lovely folk can advise me on.

My Fiance has recently accepted a job out in Dubai, and we are looking to move out there in September this year. We are not married and although my Fiance has a job lined up already with full working Visas etc, i will be arriving on a tourist visa at this stage.

I'm a freelance photographer who will be looking for work when i arrive, and therefore i guess i will be arriving on a tourist visa at first. Obviously i want to get set up on a residents visa asap as i assume i won't be able to get a car etc without this. Plus medical care etc etc...

Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? And if so, how did you approach changing from a tourist to a resident / working visa on a freelance basis?

Also, will the fact that we aren't married cause havoc when applying for said visas? We aren't against the idea of getting married before we come out there, but with a million things to sort out and only a month to go, it's looking like time will be an issue!

Thanks in advance for your help!
There are three ways to get a visa, you get married your husband sponsors you and gets you a residency visa. You get a job and the company you work for gives you a visa. You set up your own business and get a visa that way (a lot of money and hassle). Welcome to BE
Old Aug 9th 2014, 9:06 am