Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help on apartment rental/location in Dubai

Help on apartment rental/location in Dubai

Old May 1st 2013, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Wodehouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help on apartment rental/location in Dubai

I am a single guy looking to move to Dubai. I am looking to spend something between 5k to 7k (all inclusive) on maybe a furnished 1 bedroom apartment. I would would be completely dependent on cabs (medically unfit to drive or use public transport) and hence, would have to consider cab fares to and from my workplace DIFC. Also , perhaps a location where cabs are easily available.

Don't know if I am spending too much on rent as I will be making only 30k AED a month. Also, read on the net that a part time help(maid) would cost 600 to 800 AED a month...is that correct?

Thanks
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Help on apartment rental/location in Dubai

Originally Posted by Wodehouse
I am a single guy looking to move to Dubai. I am looking to spend something between 5k to 7k (all inclusive) on maybe a furnished 1 bedroom apartment. I would would be completely dependent on cabs (medically unfit to drive or use public transport) and hence, would have to consider cab fares to and from my workplace DIFC. Also , perhaps a location where cabs are easily available.

Don't know if I am spending too much on rent as I will be making only 30k AED a month. Also, read on the net that a part time help(maid) would cost 600 to 800 AED a month...is that correct?

Thanks
Look in Business Bay or DIFC itself.

I have a 1 bed in Executive Towers and pay 65,000 (5,416 monthly) but you're not going to get one for that at the moment. More like 80,000 (6,666).

Bills - Du, Empower and DEWA add another 1200 a month.

If you look on Dubizzle, you'll find loads but I think Downtown will be too expensive on that budget.

Taxi from mine to DIFC is max 15/18 aed each way.

Maid...I use one occasionally (haven't for ages actually, flat is filthy) and they are about 30-40aed an hour, get one in for 4 hours once every two weeks and you're looking at 250-350aed a month. Tidy.

Good luck
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Wodehouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Scamp. But aren't there other areas like Bur Dubai/Diera etc which is only 25 AED cab fare away...or is it that these areas too downmarket/expensive? Ideal for me is maybe 7k (with bills) and maybe 25AED cab fare away. A good map with the areas marked out will be a great help as I am finding it difficult to figure things out on google maps
Old May 2nd 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
...I have a 1 bed in Executive Towers and pay 65,000 (5,416 monthly) but you're not going to get one for that at the moment...
Is that Bay View where Bobs Fish'n'chips is located? We ate there last weekend. Nice location, handy for Spinneys. As for the OP, there are plenty of cheaper apartments off Mankhool Road so I believe or Kuwait Street, Bur Dubai.
Old May 2nd 2013, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
Is that Bay View where Bobs Fish'n'chips is located? We ate there last weekend. Nice location, handy for Spinneys. As for the OP, there are plenty of cheaper apartments off Mankhool Road so I believe or Kuwait Street, Bur Dubai.
Yeah, Bobs is underneath where I live. Well, all of that is, it's 12 towers on top and I'm on the end nearest the Khalifa looking out over the sea. I've got a steal at 65k.

Spinneys is handy, Bobs is a great addition and can walk to Nezzas / Marriott for a sports bar too.