Reload this Page >

Goal posts being moved was Dubai now Doha or Kuwait

Goal posts being moved was Dubai now Doha or Kuwait

Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:27 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Goal posts being moved was Dubai now Doha or Kuwait

I do like Kuwait, traffic is mental though. Like the average Kuwaiti too.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Kuwait is not as bad as people say but as others have said "mental driving" perhaps made worse by all the ring roads. Kuwait still has the Arabic atmosphere which UAE now lacks due to all the Western expats.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, Kuwait is OK as long as it is your first ME posting and you are not expecting Dubai.

As a money saver its awesome!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Senpaiman is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooh so Kuwait is back on the table it will be my first ME posting and hopefully I will be working my way up out there quite quickly as I am taking a lower position that I currently have in the UK for the move, and like many the driver is a career/ financial one.

What I will have to check out is the level of opportunity for the industry I will be working in - no point needing less if the potential to earn is less.

I am concerned that it will be hard to give up drink completely, it's not so much as to not be able to stop, just prefer not to really.

I like to train so prefer to be in a dojo or gym than a bar but this is here with my family and friends that have the same interests as me - on my own I will probably want to be more sociable and will no doubt have friends with different interests - so I guess as a true Brit I am left wondering if dont drink so don't go to the pub, where do you socialize?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

as0056 will become famous soon enoughas0056 will become famous soon enough

I am by no means an expert but something else which I think you should look into is the effect of your family staying in the UK and being supported by you... you *might* find that HMRC are after you to pay UK income tax out of your salary...

As I say, I'm not an expert but you may want to talk to someone who is
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by as0056
I am by no means an expert but something else which I think you should look into is the effect of your family staying in the UK and being supported by you... you *might* find that HMRC are after you to pay UK income tax out of your salary...
Loads of advice on this site on that very subject, search is your friend Depends on how long you spend in UK.