Goal posts being moved was Dubai now Doha or Kuwait

Goal posts being moved was Dubai now Doha or Kuwait

Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:05 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Goal posts being moved was Dubai now Doha or Kuwait

Originally Posted by Senpaiman
Much appreciated, I think I'll have to ask for more and risk the job passing by, shame fancied the challenge but from what you are saying I'd need a £30k (165k QAR) living allowance and I know they only pay that for the next Job grade up ....
So bullshit them and go for the next job grade up.

This isn't UK buddy!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:15 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Much appreciated, I think I'll have to ask for more and risk the job passing by, shame fancied the challenge but from what you are saying I'd need a £30k (165k QAR) living allowance and I know they only pay that for the next Job grade up ....
Tell them they are mad. The average 2 bed accommodation here is about 8,500 per month. They will not get anyone for 10k a month (Not from the UK anyhow). You want to have minimum of 15k really if you are paying your own accommodation.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Senpaiman is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL Kix I have been pushing them for that since November..... they started at £16k and I beat them up to £21! found out from a mate of mine based in Dubai that the next grade up pays £30k per year... gonna go for it and hope to see you guys on the other side.

Cheers again.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I've just eaten in the steakhouse at JW Marriot, Doha.

Well expensive + 30% on UAE. Good tucker though.

I'd do my bollocks if I lived here.

(Company paid)
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:40 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I've just eaten in the steakhouse at JW Marriot, Doha.

Well expensive + 30% on UAE. Good tucker though.

I'd do my bollocks if I lived here.

(Company paid)
400/500 riyals is the norm for a good steakhouse. JW's is not one of the best though for that price.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

£90 for one person to eat stake!!! man you guys are really helping me understand how far out my estimates were! I can go to a beafeater (ok,ok bit low rest but steak!) with my wife and a couple of my kids for that! If I go to the top local place here and have a top class fillet MAX would be £45.00 and that's the sort of thing I'd only do once a month...
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:22 pm
Shark Fisherman

£90 for one person to eat stake!!! man you guys are really helping me understand how far out my estimates were! I can go to a beafeater (ok,ok bit low rest but steak!) with my wife and a couple of my kids for that! If I go to the top local place here and have a top class fillet MAX would be £45.00 and that's the sort of thing I'd only do once a month...
Hence my comment saying you don't want to be the one that cannot afford a drink and food on a night out. My £100 quid tonight got me 4 hours worth of magners and a bar snack, That was after £100 to go to the beach today. We actually only said 3 weeks ago how much we miss going out to a Berni Inn and having a T bone for £12 and the best wine for £20 more............
Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:29 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

You could just cook at home and ask people over for dinner . 100 quid for a steak , is it really worth it ? I'm not tight as such but I'm not stupid either . You could buy half a cow for that !
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

The New York Steakhouse is not somewhere most of us eat every week or even once a month. It is prohibitively expensive, and as BE said not the best anyway, although very nice. I probably average about 250qar for a night out, which is still a tall order for 7k a month.

BTW i can't work out the money talk on this thread, its all confused with pounds and qar and yearly/monthly. I'm confused. Easily done i know!
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:39 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Theseus
The New York Steakhouse is not somewhere most of us eat every week or even once a month. It is prohibitively expensive, and as BE said not the best anyway, although very nice. I probably average about 250qar for a night out, which is still a tall order for 7k a month.

BTW i can't work out the money talk on this thread, its all confused with pounds and qar and yearly/monthly. I'm confused. Easily done i know!
OK Theseus, 250QAR a night x 31 nights = 7,750 a month.

And you're a bird and get your drinks bought for you!

So for a bloke, at least double that, unless they want Champagne, then treble it!
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
OK Theseus, 250QAR a night x 31 nights = 7,750 a month.

And you're a bird and get your drinks bought for you!

So for a bloke, at least double that, unless they want Champagne, then treble it!
That's utter bullshit.

1) No-one goes out every night and at twice per week that's only 2000 qar a month.
2) I don't get my drinks bought for me. When I am out with my friends we buy each other drinks.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 8:05 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Theseus
That's utter bullshit.

1) No-one goes out every night and at twice per week that's only 2000 qar a month.
2) I don't get my drinks bought for me. When I am out with my friends we buy each other drinks.
You do know I was taking the piss don't you...
Old Mar 16th 2013, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Between 500 - 1000 AED is a standard weekend on the lash nightly rate which would include taxis & beer. Some nights its'll be more, say if you do a brunch and then head to a club and some nights it'll be less. Either way, that's a 'norm' for me.

Add a decentish meal onto that plus a bottle of wine at 200-300 dibs (second cheapest prob) and it soon mounts up.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Just for the record are we saying Doha yup, Kuwait big NONO!
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt rule out Kuwait - although there is no alcohol here legally - there is enough to sink a battleship !

You could survive and have a good time here for GBP 1500 per month (including rent) - and that includes steak every week !

Last edited by UKCityGent; Mar 16th 2013 at 10:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.