Reload this Page >

FS2 /KG2 Compulsory?

FS2 /KG2 Compulsory?

Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Superdarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FS2 /KG2 Compulsory?

Hi All,

Can anybody clarify what the legal age is to start schooling in Dubai? Is FS2 /KG2 compulsory? My daughter is 5 of the 1st September and therefore would be in FS2 whereas in Scotland that would be primary 1.
My employer pays the schooling fees “from the point when they are legally required to attend school in the UAE”.

I am trying to get placed at DESS for FS1 and FS2 starting in September but this looks unlikely because I cant get assessments organised until April (im in the UK) and therefore the children cant be placed on the waiting list until this point.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FS2 /KG2 Compulsory?

fs2 yes compulsory here for english curriculum.... but scottish is not the same as english, as english curriculum go up to year 13 and finish the year they become 18 whereby the scottish can finish a year earlier i believe.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response - appreciated. I cant find anything online to back up this point - could you point me in the right direction?
Old Feb 26th 2015, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

I should add - not that I doubt the point, only so that I have something official to back up my claim for schooling fees from my employer (who is also new to the UAE)
Old Feb 26th 2015, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Superdarts
I should add - not that I doubt the point, only so that I have something official to back up my claim for schooling fees from my employer (who is also new to the UAE)
i would say that none of it is "compulsory" - but good luck trying to get a place in a school if you haven't done FS1 and FS2. FS2 places are pretty much all taken wit FS1 kids graduating into it.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Superdarts
tell them to stop nickle and diming you. FS2 fees are 30k AED only.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I've been reading about early years education and it's really very confusing. Most schools seem to want to take the children from aged four, but some start earlier.

Perhaps check with KHDA? Government of Dubai | Knowledge and Human Development Authority | Home