Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

It has been reported that the ban applies to ANY national who holds a Qatar Residence Permit, including UK Citizens.

Let's wait for clarification but I agree that it is safer to assume that, if you hold a Qatar RP, you will be denied entry to the UAE.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
It has been reported that the ban applies to ANY national who holds a Qatar Residence Permit, including UK Citizens.

Let's wait for clarification but I agree that it is safer to assume that, if you hold a Qatar RP, you will be denied entry to the UAE.
again, not from what i read......any national travelling from Qatar to the UAE will be denied visa on entry (hence not allowed into the UAE)....regardless of whether they hold a Qatari RP or not.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 10:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
again, not from what i read......any national travelling from Qatar to the UAE will be denied visa on entry (hence not allowed into the UAE)....regardless of whether they hold a Qatari RP or not.
You've misinterpreted.

Qatari nationals aren't allowed in full stop.

Questions at the moment over people of ANY nationality being allowed in IF they have a Qatari work visa. EG: British passport, Qatar work visa, are you allowed in?

Some articles / news things (see my earlier link) say you won't be allowed into the UAE.
Some articles / news things say you will but will have to come via proxy (eg; fly Qatar to Oman to UAE).
Old Jun 8th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

UAE airspace now officially closed to all flights to/from Doha, not just flights to / from UAE. Meaning you can no longer fly over UAE to Muscat or further afield.

Qatar Airways website is now blocked in the UAE. Wonderful luck for UAE residents trying to figure out their bookings on QA.

It'll be over soon. But wow.

Just really pissed they couldn't wait one more week to do this so I'd still have my bacchanal weekend in Dubai otherwise it'd be sitting back with popcorn and watching with amusement.