Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

looks like they want and are supporting a regime change.

UAE and Saudi Arabia cut ties with Qatar – latest updates | The National

"Dr Anwar Gargash posted a number of tweets overnight on the matter. Here’s the English translation of them:

- A stressful and difficult day, the accumulation of years of incitement from a brother against his brethren, the brethren’s decision came after years of advice and patience, how we hoped for wisdom and reason instead of obstinacy.

- Politics based on money, media and [counting on] sectarianism and extremism have proved a failure. The heart of the solution is steering away from a seditious and nefarious attitude. The natural environment of the (our) brother differs from that which he has chosen.

- The issue does not revolve around sovereignty or independent decision-making, but rather a rejection of policies that are aimed to harm siblings and undermine security and stability in the Arabian Gulf. We cannot all be wrong.

- The (our) brother thought that obstinacy and raising a high voice through the media will allow it to prevent a crisis. He did not perceive that wisdom and a change in the behavior that wronged its neighbour and brother is necessary.

- The current crisis is centred on the nature of a relationship between brethren, partners and allies. Siding with one’s brethren, opting for transparency, neighbourly relations and honesty are an obvious recipe for a permanent relationship and a stable friendship.

- Can the (our) brother amend his behavior? Can he be one to respect pledges and charters, to be mindful of brotherly and neighbourly relations, a partner in prosperity and adversity? Simply put, this is the framework for a solution.

- After [the brother’s] previous experiences, a framework for the future is necessary, to reinforce security and stability in the region. Rebuilding the trust after broken promises and a guaranteed roadmap are necessary.

- The UAE opted for honesty and transparency, we chose stability over chaos. We opted for moderation and development, for trust and clarity, and we chose Salman and Saudi Arabia."
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:26 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

And yet the very next article on the National rolling updates indicates that Qatar is not devoid of leverage. Mid-summer power cuts anyone?

10.05am: Natural gas supplies flowing

The UAE government statement yesterday made no mention of the sub-sea gas pipeline that runs between Qatar and the UAE, part of a decade-old Dolphin Project, which now brings in about 2 billion cubic feet a day (cfd) of gas for use in the UAE grid, as well as another 2 billion cfd for transit onward to Oman. There was no official comment either from the companies involved or from the governments, but sources familiar with operations of the gas pipeline said it was flowing without disruption as of late yesterday.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder whether the subscribers to BeIn Sports will get a refund?

I won't hold my breath, ifirstrow. eu always works (just don't click on the ads.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
And yet the very next article on the National rolling updates indicates that Qatar is not devoid of leverage. Mid-summer power cuts anyone?

The UAE government statement yesterday made no mention of the sub-sea gas pipeline that runs between Qatar and the UAE, part of a decade-old Dolphin Project, which now brings in about 2 billion cubic feet a day (cfd) of gas for use in the UAE grid, as well as another 2 billion cfd for transit onward to Oman. There was no official comment either from the companies involved or from the governments, but sources familiar with operations of the gas pipeline said it was flowing without disruption as of late yesterday.
I wondered about the pipeline when I first heard the news. I guess now is not yet the time to be cutting the gas lines but you never know. See how hungry they get first before they retaliate.

UAE energy mix is quite diversified but not isolated from gas import shortages - It could get interesting in the northern emirates.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

oh they aren't without some leverage but their hands is a pretty shitty one really.

there will be a total capitulation in some way that allows nobody to lose face on either side. eventually. I say that as I'm not sure this one will end fast
Old Jun 6th 2017, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

By end of July?

I am looking at rebooking the flight to Dubai to last weekend of July. Or should I just take the refund?

Originally Posted by shiva
oh they aren't without some leverage but their hands is a pretty shitty one really.

there will be a total capitulation in some way that allows nobody to lose face on either side. eventually. I say that as I'm not sure this one will end fast
Old Jun 6th 2017, 7:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
By end of July?

I am looking at rebooking the flight to Dubai to last weekend of July. Or should I just take the refund?
Will they let you rebook?
Whens the soonest they'll let you do so?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting question. I'll find out. Going in tomorrow AM as all phone lines are jammed. Probably should take the refund. Can always book a new flight when the air spaces are open again.

Really thankful I paid a bit more to fly to China direct instead of Emirates via Dubai for Eid.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Will they let you rebook?
Whens the soonest they'll let you do so?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Interesting question. I'll find out. Going in tomorrow AM as all phone lines are jammed. Probably should take the refund. Can always book a new flight when the air spaces are open again.

Really thankful I paid a bit more to fly to China direct instead of Emirates via Dubai for Eid.
I'd be curious to know but assume they may set a date for the sake of it and then keep pushing back.

Out of their control when they can fly to Dubai etc I suppose.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

QA website is taking bookings for Dubai flights that weekend.

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'd be curious to know but assume they may set a date for the sake of it and then keep pushing back.

Out of their control when they can fly to Dubai etc I suppose.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

They like taking money
Old Jun 6th 2017, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Saudi, UAE banks hold off on Qatar deals; central banks investigate exposure -sources | Zawya UAE Edition

Now isolating them from the banking sector. This is quite aggressive.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 8:55 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I wonder whether the subscribers to BeIn Sports will get a refund?
apparently still works if you have a satellite dish so only us cable schmucks with du and Etisalat are cut off. Of course I'm sure their customer service will as efficient, friendly and helpful on this issue as they are on all others.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

apparently still works if you have a satellite dish so only us cable schmucks with du and Etisalat are cut off. Of course I'm sure their customer service will as efficient, friendly and helpful on this issue as they are on all others.
with hope they will cut the internet off to Qatar. I think all of their cables to Qatar land or branch in the UAE/KSA first.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

what's wrong with taking another airline?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.