Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Old Jun 5th 2017, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Four countries cut links with Qatar over 'terrorism' support

Old Jun 5th 2017, 12:25 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

This article gives some background to how this has been bubbling along for a while in case people missed it. This email dump emerged subsequent to the so-called "hacking" of the Qatari news site which resulted in the Emir's controversial speech being factually reported (presumably the unhacked version would have been thoroughly sanitised).

Also just to ensure that not all the links here are to scary right-wing conspiracy sites...
Old Jun 5th 2017, 1:44 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
This article gives some background to how this has been bubbling along for a while in case people missed it. This email dump emerged subsequent to the so-called "hacking" of the Qatari news site which resulted in the Emir's controversial speech being factually reported (presumably the unhacked version would have been thoroughly sanitised).

Also just to ensure that not all the links here are to scary right-wing conspiracy sites...
What? Zerohedge a scary right-wing conspiracy site?

That's where I learned my prepping. Good thing too, what with the zombie hordes now wandering the empty isles of Carrefour and soon to be targetting my stash of drinking water, rice and gold...

For balance I just postal-voted Conservative, a reputable left-wing party in the UK
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:16 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Granted, but there's the second week of Roland Garros and tonight they are showing Ireland's heroic win over Uruguay from last night....

And I think they have exclusive rights to Wimbledon this year?
It's gone! 's f**kin' gone!! I didn't think it would come to this, as surely this will upset the local populations more than anything else, but all 18 or whatever it is of the BeIN sports channels have disappeared from my du box. The channels are still there but there is no programming
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:31 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

It's gone! 's f**kin' gone!! I didn't think it would come to this, as surely this will upset the local populations more than anything else, but all 18 or whatever it is of the BeIN sports channels have disappeared from my du box. The channels are still there but there is no programming
You need an Amazon Firestick, Kodi and Mobdro for free, unblocked BeIN wherever you are
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to really feel sorry for them now... Maldives just joined the ban. That's screwed Eid for a few of them. Really getting them where it hurts.

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 7th 2017 at 10:12 pm. Reason: remove quote of above deleted post
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm starting to really feel sorry for them now... Maldives just joined the ban. That's screwed Eid for a few of them. Really getting them where it hurts.
Sucker punch, Austria/ Switzerland next?
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:00 pm
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
You need an Amazon Firestick, Kodi and Mobdro for free, unblocked BeIN wherever you are
So if I buy a Firestick from Amazon.co.uk and plug it in to my TV here in the UAE, I can get all BeIN Sports without having a separate subscription to BeIN (as mine here is via the du cable service rather than stand-alone subscription)? Or will I need to have a stand-alone BeIN subscription to access via the internet? And how good is the streaming quality on live matches? For years I've had to endure the awful quality of the internet feed for the All Ireland hurling finals in Fibbers. Now hurling is the fastest field game in the world (or claimed to be) but even football was hard to watch sometimes on that service.

Last edited by Miss Ann Thrope; Jun 5th 2017 at 3:02 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 4:39 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

So if I buy a Firestick from Amazon.co.uk and plug it in to my TV here in the UAE, I can get all BeIN Sports without having a separate subscription to BeIN (as mine here is via the du cable service rather than stand-alone subscription)? Or will I need to have a stand-alone BeIN subscription to access via the internet? And how good is the streaming quality on live matches? For years I've had to endure the awful quality of the internet feed for the All Ireland hurling finals in Fibbers. Now hurling is the fastest field game in the world (or claimed to be) but even football was hard to watch sometimes on that service.

Plenty guides on the internet on how to install Kodi and Mobdro on your Firestick. No need for any subscriptions, and you can stream basicaly any TV channel, including Sky TV, Sky Movies, Sky Sports, BT Sports, BeIN and many, many others. Literally hundreds of free TV channels, plus a massive back catalogue of movies and TV shows. The quality will be as good as your internet speed allows. I don't watch much TV or sports, but checking Sky Sports tonight, it was crystal clear. This is, of course, dodgy, but each to their own, hence the
Old Jun 5th 2017, 5:23 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty guides on the internet on how to install Kodi and Mobdro on your Firestick. No need for any subscriptions, and you can stream basicaly any TV channel, including Sky TV, Sky Movies, Sky Sports, BT Sports, BeIN and many, many others. Literally hundreds of free TV channels, plus a massive back catalogue of movies and TV shows. The quality will be as good as your internet speed allows. I don't watch much TV or sports, but checking Sky Sports tonight, it was crystal clear. This is, of course, dodgy, but each to their own, hence the
I have heard that there is a guy who runs Kodi on a Raspberry Pi
been doing it for the past year now on a normal 8mb internet connection
I dont know him ofcourse, have no idea who he is
I just heard about him from somewhere
dashing looks and all, that chap....or so ive been told
Old Jun 5th 2017, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he's related to a guy I know who does exactly the same thing. Also very dashing.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:31 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Originally Posted by csdf
I wonder if he's related to a guy I know who does exactly the same thing. Also very dashing.
Back on topic me hearties! Espy, descry... the good ship Qatar is holed beneath the waterline...
Old Jun 6th 2017, 4:50 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I have heard that there is a guy who runs Kodi on a Raspberry Pi
been doing it for the past year now on a normal 8mb internet connection
You're just making stuff up now. Raspberry Pi is something on the menu at the Lime Tree cafe.

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I dont know him ofcourse, have no idea who he is
I just heard about him from somewhere
dashing looks and all, that chap....or so ive been told
The guy with the back tattoo (and dodgy bed linen)?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 4:51 am
...we killed the flame

Back on topic me hearties! Espy, descry... the good ship Qatar is holed beneath the waterline...
Not so fast...we have not finished with getting my home entertainment options sorted.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't feel sorry for Qataris at all.

Not so fast...we have not finished with getting my home entertainment options sorted.
cricfree
first row sports / front row sports (can't remember which).

OR

Just don't watch tennis because it's boring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.