Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flights to London Thu night/Fri morning

Flights to London Thu night/Fri morning

Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:49 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights to London Thu night/Fri morning

Anyone know if any airlines fly into LHR arriving early morning?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:27 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to London Thu night/Fri morning

Emirates EK007 arrives LHR at 7.05am.

You won't get much earlier than that because Heathrow closes between about midnight and 6am IIRC.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jun 11th 2007 at 5:30 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Emirates EK007 arrives LHR at 7.05am.

You won't get much earlier than that because Heathrow closes between about midnight and 6am IIRC.
Ta. BA and Qatar have flights in about that time as well, and the best option seems to be Qatar arriving into Gatwick at 6.55. There's a shuttle between Gatwick and Heathrow isn't there? Wonder how much a cab would cost.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:04 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Ta. BA and Qatar have flights in about that time as well, and the best option seems to be Qatar arriving into Gatwick at 6.55. There's a shuttle between Gatwick and Heathrow isn't there? Wonder how much a cab would cost.
Coach thingy is about 20quid.....
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:07 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't be going from LGW to LHR to catch another flight, would you? It's just that you'd be travelling on the busiest part of the M25 at the busiest time of day, so I'd allow a LOT of time to get there by road.

Given that, what's the point of flying into LGW at 06.55 and then travelling by road to LHR (which could easily take you 90 minutes to 2 hours on the M25 at that time of day) when you could just fly straight into LHR at 07.05?

Last edited by Eeyore; Jun 11th 2007 at 6:11 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:10 pm
Excess Baggage

You wouldn't be going from LGW to LHR to catch another flight, would you? It's just that you'd be travelling on the busiest part of the M25 at the busiest time of day, so I'd allow a LOT of time to get there by road.

Given that, what's the benefit of flying into LGW at 06.55 and then having to travel by road to LHR when you could just fly straight into LHR at 07.05?
No, I've got 2 hours to get to a meeting near Heathrow. I'm sure they can wait for me.

I've been asked to find the cheapest flight, and Emirates are bloody expensive. As are BA. And the Emirates site won't let me even see that 7.05 one. Must be full.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:18 pm
Soupy twist

Have you looked at Royal Brunei? They're usually good on price, and they go into LHR. They don't serve alcohol, though, which would obviously send some expats into a blind panic.

BTW, the 7.05 flight is definitely there (I've just looked again), but it's on the second page of results on my screen and I have to click the tiny little link at the bottom right of the first page of results to get to it.

Assuming you're talking about travelling this Friday, the price is AED 4970.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jun 11th 2007 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:23 pm
Excess Baggage

Have you looked at Royal Brunei? They're usually good on price, and they go into LHR. They don't serve alcohol, though, which would obviously send some expats into a blind panic.

BTW, the 7.05 flight is definitely there (I've just looked again), but it's on the second page of results on my screen and I have to click the tiny little link at the bottom right of the first page of results to get to it.

Assuming you're talking about travelling this Friday, the price is AED 4970.
Yeah, had to search by schedule, and managed to get it for that price. It's about 700 dirhams more than Qatar, but is a lot more convenient, like you say. I think the system was confused because I was wanting to return on the same day.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:26 pm