Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:13 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Originally Posted by abbey08
F*****g useless.

If I posted I want to go out on the lash with the wife every night I was in the UK and need a visa for the maid to babysit would it help to get a sensible answer.
My educated guess is it will be hard, and you will need this as a minimum:-

Her contract (that would prove she has been with you over a year)
Salary slips to prove she has an income and you provide it
Your last 6 months bank statements
Plus all the documents they ask for in the application (photo etc...)
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by abbey08
F*****g useless.

If I posted I want to go out on the lash with the wife every night I was in the UK and need a visa for the maid to babysit would it help to get a sensible answer.
No offence but I question people having maids in the first place....you ask about taking her to the UK?

Get a ****ing grip and deal with your own kids.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I've taken my maid/ nanny back to the UK loads, you do need to have children travelling with you (in fact with the Schengen visa for Europe you are not allowed to apply for one without children). It does help that our lady lived in Birmingham for a couple of years with her previous employer. She still gets her annual leave too, that's entirely separate, that's when she is not working.

You can't apply until you've had her for one year, and the turn around time at summer is a bit longer (up to two weeks). Fill out the form online and then book an appointment. They make it difficult to find, fill in so that it easier to reject you as there are so many abscondees.

As your helper will be an ODW (overseas domestic worker), you must pay her at least UK minimum wage and subscribe to UK employment law. That is very important, it is the law and you shouldn't take advantage. Last year, the law changed to the visa being connected to you as a family (as in only allowed to work with you) as before the visa was granted to them to work for anyone they wanted.

Just to note, that I've done as much as I can to help maids here and there, even introducing the Visa department to http://www.kalayaan.org.uk/ to help them sort out genuine abuse cases.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I do hope that you all fly business and leave the kids and maid in economy.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
No offence but I question people having maids in the first place....you ask about taking her to the UK?

I reckon she'll look ok pushing the trolley around Aldi and stocking up for knickers and socks in Primark .
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I do hope that you all fly business and leave the kids and maid in economy.
Ha! I wish. Only fly in the swankier cabins when travelling by myself. Don't want the sprogs all knowing about the luxury and bankrupting us over the years. The mortgage isn't paying itself off!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

http://dohanews.co/post/31260188390/...s-as-number-of

several Qatari families who had gone to the United Kingdom for the summer holidays this year had to abruptly cut short their stay and return home because of the disappearance of their housemaids whom they had taken with them.

They also complained that the British police do not co-operate fully whenever a complaint is registered about an absconding maid.

Last edited by gottheTshirt; Apr 29th 2013 at 1:14 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:18 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt

several Qatari families who had gone to the United Kingdom for the summer holidays this year had to abruptly cut short their stay and return home because of the disappearance of their housemaids whom they had taken with them.

They also complained that the British police do not co-operate fully whenever a complaint is registered about an absconding maid.
This sounds like a quote from the Panarabia ! Awesome..

Many Qatari ladies expressed shock and disgust at the manner in which some employment agencies in the UK lure housemaids with the promise of salaries as high as £2,000 (QR13,000) a month and eight hours of work, the Arrayah Arabic daily reported…
“As soon as I landed in London and checked into a well-known hotel, I was shocked to find that my housemaid vanished in spite of the fact that her passport was in my custody. She later sent me a message confessing to her act and expressing her gratitude to me and her love for my children! She said she has given up service with me for better employment terms,” Umm Mohamed said in a statement to the daily.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt

Brilliant! Sucked in. Saw an argument once with a senior Dubai emirati trying to argue with police that 'the maid's passport was his as he owned' her.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:35 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

When you & Mrs Scamp have kids and are both working fulltime jobs, come back to me and tell me you wouldnt have a maid if you could afford it.

People who tell me off for having a maid are the same people that would abuse me for not spending time with them doing homework, taking them to after school activities, etc whilst holding down a fulltime job.

That said - family holidays are for family only, and our maid is not family. If we need a babysitter, we use family to help us, or we pay for a babysitter. With both of us working, holidays are for spending time with the kids, not away from them.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
That said - family holidays are for family only, and our maid is not family. If we need a babysitter, we use family to help us, or we pay for a babysitter. With both of us working, holidays are for spending time with the kids, not away from them.
This is the crux of my point.

The rest is a massive argument which, again, I'll be told that my opinion is worth less because I haven't got kids.

Still, I guess no kids in the UK have both parents working and no maid...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The rest is a massive argument which, again, I'll be told that my opinion is worth less because I haven't got kids.
That's my boy. You're learning
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Taking your maid home with you should be maid a criminal offence.....

Mandatory 4 years should suffice , ive never heard so much shite !
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by desert-rat
Was that her annual holiday or extra?
You didn't answer abby08?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
That's my boy. You're learning
It's like trying to take water uphill.

Is it now that I mention my sister and I had a full time Nanny when we were younger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.