Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Fast Track Options Moving to Abu Dhabi from UK

Fast Track Options Moving to Abu Dhabi from UK

Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Track Options Moving to Abu Dhabi from UK

[QUOTE=carcajou;12285645]
I'm not being naive, and after living in the region (in more than one country) for over a decade I think I have a pretty good grasp on what really does go on here but thanks for the 'advice'... but lets just agree to disagree on this one. [END QUOTE]

Really? I don't think you do - otherwise it wouldn't come as a surprise to you to read that people get sent home for co-habitating. I am both sorry - and a bit envious - that your Middle Eastern experience has been so sheltered.

Whatever. Not my life - or my consequences. OP, do not break UAE law and make sure you have an attested marriage document before living together. An Islamic ceremony on arrival is a quick way to do that if you can't get your Scottish one done in time.
Massively sheltered, I even take the skin off chicken, that's how sheltered and risk averse I am.

Remember OP, you must go and get married NOW, and then maybe get married again next week just to make sure the first marriage stuck correctly. You can't be too careful with this whole marriage situation. I smiled at a girl in the street earlier, married the shit out of her just in case before I said hello. So far I've married 4 people this month and its only the 3rd. If in doubt get married.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
How do they contradict? Each of my comments on the subject say the same thing...

As for arrogance? What are you even talking about? Have you had a sip or two of the cooking sherry already? Who said anywhere in this discussion that being British we are "above the law"....? And on this point I feel you have intentionally misunderstood my point like you quite often do on this forum...... as it would be idiotic to think, and to argue that all nationalities and ethnicities are seen as equal here in the eyes of the law.
Don't be ridiculous and being rude to me in that way doesn't give you special points. You contradicted yourself. Apparently anything that happens to a Filipino isn't relevant to Brits is what you were saying.

You may well be spacial but in the way you think you are...

Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Don't be ridiculous and being rude to me in that way doesn't give you special points. You contradicted yourself. Apparently anything that happens to a Filipino isn't relevant to Brits is what you were saying.

You may well be spacial but in the way you think you are...

I didn't say that at all and you know it, stop being obtuse.

Thanks for the compliment though, I am indeed very spacial, my reverse parking is off the hook. Or do you mean I take up a lot of space, I.e I'm fat. If so thats not very nice? Please elaborate.

In fact, no please don't. Ever.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say that at all and you know it, stop being obtuse.

Thanks for the compliment though, I am indeed very spacial, my reverse parking is off the hook. Or do you mean I take up a lot of space, I.e I'm fat. If so thats not very nice? Please elaborate.

In fact, no please don't. Ever.
Are you trying to funny? If so, it isn't working. Nowhere did i say you were fat so that is simply you trying to be argumentative for the sake of it. I have no idea who you are or what you look like.

Enough of the attention-squeaking for now, thanks.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you trying to funny? If so, it isn't working. Nowhere did i say you were fat so that is simply you trying to be argumentative for the sake of it. I have no idea who you are or what you look like.

Enough of the attention-squeaking for now, thanks.
You called me 'spacial'.....

Get over yourself.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:55 am
Bored liberal

You called me 'spacial'.....

Get over yourself.

There is not enough coffee in the world today but you carry on being rude to be in every single thread. I hope it makes you feel good.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

There is not enough coffee in the world today but you carry on being rude to be in every single thread. I hope it makes you feel good.
QED.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

come on folks....lets pass the peace pipe around
Old Jul 17th 2017, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

JCoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just came back to this thread - for some reason I'm not getting email updates when someone replies.

To give an update, got married this weekend just past. Wife's original job offer was revoked as she couldn't prove two years experience, she's interviewing for another role tomorrow though. Anyway, hopefully I'll be heading out first week in August, by then I'll have received my wedding certificate and it'll be sent out for Attesting. My wife will then bring it over when she comes to AD in a couple months time (I'm heading out first to get things set up etc).

Thanks for everyone's input and advice, appreciated !