Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Expat Life in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Expat Life in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

carlos... is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat Life in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Riyadh,,,, its a good place to have a job but it's bad social place no life always work work work u have nothing to do <<<<<<>>>>>>>
Old Aug 21st 2014, 1:30 am
Just Joined

djb123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am considering a role in Riyadh just now and wondered what the opportunities were for running outside (is it acceptable) and cycling (road/time trials)/triathlons/swimming pools etc? Any info appreciated...

Many Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2014, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

It'll have to be off the roads somewhere. No idea where this is:

A group would have to be your first port of call for equipment for bikes since even the big chains only sell naff bikes with acera and suntour on them.

I personally wouldn't want to exercise outside due to pollution/dust/rubble in the air burning your throat and eyes. But some people are impervious i guess.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Andyapr is an unknown quantity at this point

you could go running more or less any where you wish to be honest but it will be hard due to the weather conditions its very hot and dry during the summer months and a bit like english summer during the winter time but still very dry and very little rain... i think ive only seen rain twice this year... as for the other activities i really done no... try asking also asking the question also on inter nations its another forum like this....
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

ut745 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a very good package that you are on at your age!

If you live in a decent compound, the social life can be great!

I spent a lot of my childhood in Riyadh living on Eid Villas compound and loved it.

My parents loved living there as well and they made great friends and always had things to do on weekends etc.

It is what you make of it, you will find many people in the same situation as you. Make the most of the tax free money! Save it and buy a house outright back home...
Old Sep 6th 2014, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

yetanotherenglishteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I have just moved to Al Khobar after a year in Riyadh, if anyone can help me get in touch with the local hash group, that would be great, thanks!
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:21 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlos...
Riyadh,,,, its a good place to have a job but it's bad social place no life always work work work u have nothing to do <<<<<<>>>>>>>
great social life in Riyadh, it just takes a bit of time to get going.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

AsifR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello YoungRiyadh
I have just accepted a job in Riyadh too and am on my way there in a month.
As I will be moving there alone it's pretty daunting, maybe you can share some of the things you have discovered in your first few months there?
Thanks
Asif