Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Electronic cigarettes in UAE?

Electronic cigarettes in UAE?

Old Jun 27th 2016, 6:44 am
Just Joined

sisisi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electronic cigarettes in UAE?

I'm told that electronic cigarettes are illegal in UAE. Is this true? I really don't want to go back on the fags. I ought to give up completely, I know.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronic cigarettes in UAE?

Banned in most GCC countries, including KSA. Up until recently, I've been able to ship them in from the UK, but again, the Laws there are getting tighter as to who / where they are allowed to ship to. One supplier who I'd ordered from regularly suddenly stopped shipping to Saudi. When I enquired, they quoted legislation and also due to the high number of returns from Saudi.

So, we in effect have two barriers to get over. Suppliers willing to ship to here, and then the local Customs Office allowing them through.

Will be interesting to see now that we've voted for Brexit, how the EU driven Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) will effect the UK - or not at all. If not at all, then we should be able to ship them in. Just the battle with Customs to get them in.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

They're illegal in the UAE, fines etc. if you're caught.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 10:08 am
Just Joined

tapline is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a cheap supplier here if anyone's interested.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

sisisi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tapline
Got a cheap supplier here if anyone's interested.
So they are available? If so, I'd be interested.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

tapline is an unknown quantity at this point

Not in the Emirates, my supplier is here in the u.k. good refill prices, variety of flavours.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Marvellous Marve is an unknown quantity at this point

They are not illegal to use in UAE but they are illegal to sell. They are allowed in KSA tho.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marvellous Marve
They are not illegal to use in UAE but they are illegal to sell. They are allowed in KSA tho.
No. It's the same in KSA. They're ok to use, but banned from general sale and imports into the country. My main supplier in the UK is now refusing to ship to KSA these days due to the high volume that get returned by Saudi Customs.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
No. It's the same in KSA. They're ok to use, but banned from general sale and imports into the country. My main supplier in the UK is now refusing to ship to KSA these days due to the high volume that get returned by Saudi Customs.
To be fair when I brought back supplies from the UK to KSA a couple of weeks ago which consisted of about 16 bottles of vape liquid and 3 more of the e-cigarettes I was stopped at customs. They were only interested in the e-cigarettes themselves and when I just described them as Sheesha they smiled and waved me through.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marvellous Marve
To be fair when I brought back supplies from the UK to KSA a couple of weeks ago which consisted of about 16 bottles of vape liquid and 3 more of the e-cigarettes I was stopped at customs. They were only interested in the e-cigarettes themselves and when I just described them as Sheesha they smiled and waved me through.
Yes, that sounds par for the course, if you are bringing them back yourself and are reasonable quantities for personal use.

I'm referring more specifically when trying to ship them in via a courier / postal service from the UK. This is where it hits Saudi Customs, and where a lot of the problem lie.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Yes, that sounds par for the course, if you are bringing them back yourself and are reasonable quantities for personal use.

I'm referring more specifically when trying to ship them in via a courier / postal service from the UK. This is where it hits Saudi Customs, and where a lot of the problem lie.
Thats actually more to do with the various certificates (not produced in Israel etc) which nowhere else needs. It would be too much of a pain in the arse for your UK supplier to produce I would imagine.

But yes I think you are right about the personal use thing.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) , which of course was EU legislation and now in the wake of Brexit, how this will impact the British industry.

It should allow the suppliers to have all the freedoms they feared would be taken away under TPD. House of Lords was trying to fight it anyway, but Brexit should hopefully kill it off all together.