Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

E-cigarettes/liquids allowed in KSA?

E-cigarettes/liquids allowed in KSA?

Old Aug 11th 2014, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

chansen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-cigarettes/liquids allowed in KSA?

I am about to start a 3 year assignment in Riyadh. Being an avid e-cigarette 'smoker', I would like to know if these things are allowed in KSA.

There doesn't seem to be much information concerning electronic cigarettes and liquids. Does anyone know whether it is allowed to bring a supply (for personal use) in ones luggage, or alternatively in the complementary shipment of essential items?

There does seem to be local businesses selling ecigs/eliquids in KSA.

If it is allowed, is there an upper limit to the volume of eliquid one can import (again, for personal use)? As I will not be travelling back to EU very often, it is tempting to bring a couple of 500ml bottles of nicotine base (72mg/ml) either Vegetable or Propylene -Glycol. Also various flavor concentrates (PG based)
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-cigarettes/liquids allowed in KSA?

Experts warn that e-cigarettes are not cool | The Daily Mash
Old Aug 12th 2014, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Etihad airways won't allow the batteries even in their cargo hold. It may be time to give up. I don't think they are legal here. Could be wrong. The problem you face on arrival is that a pack of 20 Marlboro is only 10sar. Cheaper brands 7 and indian ones 4.......
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Pearson90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in Doha and they seem to be fine, granted it is a little more relaxed over here than in Riyadh. I haven't yet seen any e-cig shops anywhere yet though. As for airlines, i had no problems with Emirates or KLM, although they weren't allowed in the cabin i still used mine very stealthily.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Well... having not smoked a single cigarette since 1st day I tried the ecigs, just over a year ago, I am not going back even if a pack of Marlboro were free.

I guess the safest thing is to bring a small quantity in the luggage, and declare it on the landing card if there is any questions relating to it. At least then Ive been honest, and (hopefully) only risk getting it confiscated upon arrival.

If it does turn out to be ok, I still have to opportunity to have more shipped with our other stuff.

Thanks for your replies
Old Aug 18th 2014, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

A friend of mine used them in Dubai....Disgusting things IMO, but I think its worth trying. I am not a smoker, but I enjoy a cohiba once in a while...Cigars are the best, IMO, but boy do they stink up a room...
Old Aug 20th 2014, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Andyapr is an unknown quantity at this point

evening i'm in riyadh and there are two guys use them in the office i work in so i guess they aren't illegal... i havnt seen any shops that sell them as i looked around a few months ago.... but if you happen to find a supplier in riyadh please give me a shout...
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

@Andyapr,

I have a large supply of batteries, clearomizers and liquids, aromas and base nicotine that I will be bringing with me (if they let me bring it in). We have made our own liquids for more than a year, but supply to friends and family rather than trying to profit.

Once we get there I plan to set up my 'lab' similar to what we have here in UK now, and am also trying to prepare/adjust my usual supply chain for the move. I will be happy to help you out in any way I can. You will have to be patient though... we are not scheduled to be there until mid-end November, with a stay initially for 3 years.

PM me if you want details