Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Visa Renewal

Dubai Visa Renewal

Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:08 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road
Default Dubai Visa Renewal

Just wanted to let all those who would be coming to Dubai on a visit visa to know that a new law has come out where if you come on a visit visa, you cant leave and come back in to renew it. You will have to leave and return again in 1 to 3 months. More info can be found at this Gulf News article.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

______ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phillipz,

Is there no way around this ?? I am on a Visit Visa here having entered the second time round on the basis of UK Passport. So does this mean if I am unable to find employment, I'll have to go back to UK for 1-3 months ?? Now that does throw a spanner in the works !!

I guess there are probably hundreds if not thousands who actually come here in search of employment and quite a few are actually working here in the UAE on just a visit visa.......But then again the law here can change overnight.....like it has after the Kish Airline tradegy....

M
Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:10 am

Well I wouldnt know for certain, so the best thing is to contact the airport and check. Yep it really sucks for people coming here to find work and have to go back empty handed. Well the new rule was just released after the Kish Airline tradegy.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:12 am
Balushi

My deepest sympathise to family and friend of those who lost their life in that Tragic Accident.

-------------------------------------------

Well the new Visa rule is not yet enforced it's only in consideration in the Cabinet for approval in the Federal ministry which has to be studied.

I am not in the favor of such rules that bring inconviences to people... But if we look at it the other way than the rule is Good.

Because the Amount of People that is coming to work in Dubai is really high and but the problem is that we already have local experienced people around that are looking for jobs.... so let give them the chance first.

Old Feb 21st 2004, 2:14 pm

Well thats the UAE, they havent even enforced the so called 100 dirham fee for visit visas from the 33 countries.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:23 am
Balushi

Originally posted by philipz
Well thats the UAE, they havent even enforced the so called 100 dirham fee for visit visas from the 33 countries.

Hi Philipz,

The AED100 card for visit visa is already ENFORCED, For Visit Visa first you have to Fill up your Application and Then Go to the Commercial Bank! its in the Immigartion compound itself- At the Counter you can BUY the E-Dirham CARD(100AED) and Visa Sticker (100aed)... So the tottal cost is 200AED. NON-REFUNDABLE

Well the thing is that U.A.E consists of Seven Emirates So they all need to be Convinced! of any rule.

But my advice is that "NEVER GO BY THE BOOK" everything can be done it just you have to know how!

Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:36 am

Well you must have mis-understood me as the new 100 dirham rule for visit visa for the 33 countries was done around march last year, but six months ago, my relatives came through the Dubai Airport and didnt pay for their visit visas.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:19 am
Balushi

Well you must have mis-understood me as the new 100 dirham rule for visit visa for the 33 countries was done around march last year, but six months ago, my relatives came through the Dubai Airport and didnt pay for their visit visas.

Yes, this rule is for the Privilaged countries, you don't need to pay for the Visit visa and you can enter dubai directly without a visa for 60days(Germans) then you have to leave after this period and this exempts you from finding employment as well.

Old Feb 27th 2004, 2:53 pm

Well according to the last visa law for visit visas, the privilaged 33 countries have to pay the Dhs. 100 and can only stay for 30 days, but as I said before, the law isnt being followed.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 6:46 am
Balushi

Well according to the last visa law for visit visas, the privilaged 33 countries have to pay the Dhs. 100 and can only stay for 30 days, but as I said before, the law isnt being followed.
hahaha... one of the immigration official's salary is going to be deducted for this error!

Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:06 am
Balushi

Hi Philipz, I checked with my cousin in the Immigration dept.

He told me "If you submit an application for visit visa from the department through a relative sponsorship for any of the 33countries the fee has to paid! - Nothing is for FREE here. In case of coming in through the Airport some countries donot require Visa! bcoz these country also allow U.A.E citizen to enter with out Visa for certain periods"

Old Feb 29th 2004, 10:55 am

Well if a relative was from the 33 countries, why would you ever apply for a visa for money, if they could get it for free at that airport. Have done quite extensive reading and writing about visas and you can check out at UAE Visa Requirements. If you find any incorrect information, please do let me know.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:18 am
Balushi

Well if a relative was from the 33 countries, why would you ever apply for a visa for money, if they could get it for free at that airport. Have done quite extensive reading and writing about visas and you can check out at UAE Visa Requirements. If you find any incorrect information, please do let me know.

"33 Privileged Countries
There are 33 countries that are given the same on arrival free UAE visa on arrival similar to UK citizens." From ur website.

Yes, why wud someone pay if it's for free?

You see, If a person is not sure if he will get the Visa on arrival or not( incase he is banned or black listed) so he get's his paper submitted at Immigration to clear Banns and Black list thrugh "WASTA" and have his Visa on hand while arriving in Dubai Rather than having to go back.