Dubai Gyms

Old May 15th 2017, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Gyms

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
I've been rinsing free trials from a few gyms and thought I would share a few nuggets of info for people looking -

- Fitness Break (Barsha Heights): Quite an old school gym (I think it's owned by an ex-pro bodybuilder). Slightly dated equipment but ok selection of free weights including 1 squat rack. Looks to be more focused on personal training rather than classes. 3500dhs per annum or 50dhs per session

- Golds Gym: Didn't manage to go as there are no free trials, 200dhs for a 'trial session'. I would expect it to be good though given the name.

- Warehouse Gym (Al Quoz): My favourite gym so far, huge warehouse with very good selection of free weights. About 10 squat racks, boxing ring and classes. In the middle of nowhere though so may need to wait for a cab if not driving. About 4000dhs for a year (basic membership)

- Fitness First (Media City): Probably the best 'one size fits all' gym. Bit of everything, is ok but quite busy. Most expensive and I don't see any real benefit in having access to most of their 38 gyms with membership. About 5000dhs per annum or 2099 for 3 months.

More to come!
I use a number of FF gyms (Business Bay [3 squat racks], Manzil [1 squat rack], DIFC [1 squat rack]) so see the benefit of the city-wide membership. 5000dh is way too much though, negotiate with them hard - you can get away with around 4200 for 14 months if you find the right person and push them.

Failing that go to dubizzle and buy one off someone leaving - you can normally get them for around 200-220dh/month of the unexpired term.

Last edited by Millhouse; May 15th 2017 at 8:48 am.
Old May 15th 2017, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I use a number of FF gyms (Business Bay [3 squat racks], Manzil [1 squat rack], DIFC [1 squat rack]) so see the benefit of the city-wide membership. 5000dh is way too much though, negotiate with them hard - you can get away with around 4200 for 14 months if you find the right person and push them.

Failing that go to dubizzle and buy one off someone leaving - you can normally get them for around 200-220dh/month of the unexpired term.
They hate it if you just want to train alone as well , it's a hard sell PT business really with the trainers renting space , a real pain in the arse .

I used one for a few months when i had shin splints for some rehab and was sick to the back teeth of the pestering from those 2 bob Peter Andre lookalikes. I ended off sacking it off after 6 weeks and doing it at home .
Old May 15th 2017, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
They hate it if you just want to train alone as well , it's a hard sell PT business really with the trainers renting space , a real pain in the arse .

I used one for a few months when i had shin splints for some rehab and was sick to the back teeth of the pestering from those 2 bob Peter Andre lookalikes. I ended off sacking it off after 6 weeks and doing it at home .
you have a squat rack in the ranches chief?
Old May 15th 2017, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Ashtanga Yoga and Plyometric Cable training here mate
Old May 15th 2017, 10:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

CDB doesn't need a squat rack, he just goes around all the bored housewives offering a tea-bagging.
Old May 15th 2017, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
CDB doesn't need a squat rack, he just goes around all the bored housewives offering a tea-bagging.
I'm not that way inclined but there's a plethora of Yoga pants here in the suburbs
Old May 15th 2017, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In the ranches it would need to be organic white japanese tea-bagging
Old May 15th 2017, 10:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm not that way inclined but there's a plethora of Yoga pants here in the suburbs
In the ranches it would need to be organic white japanese tea-bagging
Spoken like true veterans.
Old May 15th 2017, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Spoken like true veterans.
One day young Skywalker you will also climb the suburban tree of affluence
Old May 16th 2017, 4:05 am
Account Closed

One day young Skywalker you will also climb the suburban tree of affluence
One day. I just don't want to take the shit stepping stones of a townhouse in JVT just yet....
Old May 22nd 2017, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Emptydeys is an unknown quantity at this point

Business Bay FF is very well equipped, three squat racks, two squat racks with deadlift platforms, a LOT of free space. it's pricey but comes with the brand.

i actually rotate between all three of those gyms.....we may have walked past each other
Old May 22nd 2017, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Some good info on this thread

Another review -

Super Boost Gym (Al Barsha)
Not bad, feels fairly budget and relatively small. Couple of squat racks with Olympic weight plates and large selection of dumbells. It didn't look it focussed too much on class training other than martial arts. Didn't get prices as the reception didn't bother discussing packages with me following my trial haha

Looks like I won't be signing up with a gym after all! Moving into Ocean Heights this weekend in the Marina which has a fantastic gym.