Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - Buy or rent property?

Dubai - Buy or rent property?

Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dubai - Buy or rent property?

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Amen!!
But having said that, I did hear somewhere that they have opened up a link road from the the AlKhail side? I havent seen it myself though
No idea mate. I know there is a road from Emirates road down to the far end of JLT which is the Disco Gardens side. Might link in, might not. Al Khail doesn't go as far as DG.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I did hear somewhere that they have opened up a link road from the the AlKhail side? I havent seen it myself though
Garn Al Sabkha Street. Actually you come off of Al Khail onto the 311 for about 1Km. Or you come off Al Khail and through Springs/Meadows to the new Jumeirah Pavilion and join it there. It goes down to SZR or you come off to JLT and the opposite direction to Disco Gardens/Ibn Battuta.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Or barrel loads of patience to get in / out of the place...
I drop my loon off at Nursery in Disco Gardens thrice a week and am in and back out again in 25mins tops nowadays. Definitely an improvement to the traffic in that area.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I drop my loon off at Nursery in Disco Gardens thrice a week and am in and back out again in 25mins tops nowadays. Definitely an improvement to the traffic in that area.
That's pretty good going.

I've never queued to get there, because I've never been there. Normally sticky to get into Ibn Battuta but I normally go to far end and it's slow but gets there.

That roundabout is a joke though, road is barely there.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Irishbeekeeper - Discovery Gardens may be slightly far however, will try the route when i'm there. If the rental price is good and the property is still vacant, I may be interested but will pm you closer to the time.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 9:58 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taz786
@ Irishbeekeeper - Discovery Gardens may be slightly far however, will try the route when i'm there. If the rental price is good and the property is still vacant, I may be interested but will pm you closer to the time.
roger