Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai accommodation - Agents or private landlords?

Dubai accommodation - Agents or private landlords?

Old Apr 12th 2015, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai accommodation - Agents or private landlords?

Hi,

I am moving to Dubai soon and have narrowed my accommodation search to the following options below. I am looking for a one bedroom. Can any agents or private landlords either respond on this thread or send me a private message if they can assist.

Also please let me know if you think my budget below makes sense or need to amend it slightly. I have also searching through dubizzle for property. Thanks

Option 1 - Either Healthcare City or Mirdiff - Budget AED65-70k.

Option 2 - International City - Budget AED40k.

Option 3 - Bur Dubai area for instance Karma - Budget AED60k.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai accommodation - Agents or private landlords?

Originally Posted by Taz786
Hi,

I am moving to Dubai soon and have narrowed my accommodation search to the following options below. I am looking for a one bedroom. Can any agents or private landlords either respond on this thread or send me a private message if they can assist.

Also please let me know if you think my budget below makes sense or need to amend it slightly. I have also searching through dubizzle for property. Thanks

have you been to these areas? know anything about them?
Old Apr 12th 2015, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

I've been to all the areas except International City but have been told a good similarity to that.

I understand the places above won't be as luxurious as Marina or JLT, but it ticks the boxes I was initially looking at.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Bur Dubai and/or Karama would be my choice for bachelor living. Plenty of cheap eating and other establishments.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hi,

I'm assuming your work is that end of town?

It's just if you're the other way then Sports City etc have some cheaper apartments.

I wouldn't live in International City if you paid me.
Healthcare - no idea, didn't know there was much resi there.
Mirdiff - it's alright, depends how noisy the planes are.
Bur Dubai - You know what, part of me wouldn't mind living there. It's a bit more real etc. That being said, it's a nightmare to get in and out.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Mirdif for 2 years, the villa was very close to the flight path, it was also a stones throw from a mosque - the noise only 'bothered' me for maybe 2 weeks, then after didn't really 'hear' it. Mirdif, very quiet and a nightmare to get a taxi on a Thursday evening when going out for beers.

Bur Dubai (esp where I live) very handy for beers, all my friends in Dubai seem to gravitate around the bars in here, so just a short walk for me at the end of the night - also handy for very kind of shop, plus a short walk to the Creek. As Scamp says, it is a bit more real, down to earth.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

@ Mentalist - Karma would be a great area but all depends if I can find a good property within my budget.

@ Scamp - Yes, those areas are close to my new work place. Sports City would be too far to commute. You mentioned you won't stay in International City. What's you reason for it?

@ MAV_DXB - I don't drink therefore getting a taxi isn't a problem. Bur Dubai is definitely a key area I would consider based on the budget.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

When I have been viewing property within International City on Dubizzle, there is apartments available in different sectors, of instance, Russian, English, Spanish, etc.

Does anyone know the difference between each of these sectors and which I recommended to stay within and which should I avoid at all costs.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2015, 6:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

When I have been viewing property within International City on Dubizzle, there is apartments available in different sectors, of instance, Russian, English, Spanish, etc.

Does anyone know the difference between each of these sectors and which I recommended to stay within and which should I avoid at all costs.

Thanks
Where is your work?

I personally haven't been in an apartment in International City but have driven round some of it when lost trying to get into Dragon Mart (don't ask)....it looks, smells and 'feels' like a dump. Not to mention the traffic getting in or out at rush hour.

I know a few guys who were put up there when first moved out and they hated it.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

I don't know Dubai that well but I believe my work is just over the Garhoud bridge when coming from Bur Dubai and into Deira (hope that makes sense).

Traffic will be an issue. I have been told, without traffic, international city to work would be 12-15 mins. However, with traffic, it would be 40 mins. Another option with similar rent would be Discovery Gardens but due to the distance, I would be travelling 40 mins.

Does the above make sense and does it sound true?

Another choice I have been told is Silicon Oasis. Do you know much about this area?

If you were in my scenario, where would you stay and how much budget would you keep for a 1 bed?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:32 am
Account Closed

I don't know Dubai that well but I believe my work is just over the Garhoud bridge when coming from Bur Dubai and into Deira (hope that makes sense).

Traffic will be an issue. I have been told, without traffic, international city to work would be 12-15 mins. However, with traffic, it would be 40 mins. Another option with similar rent would be Discovery Gardens but due to the distance, I would be travelling 40 mins.

Another choice I have been told is Silicon Oasis. Do you know much about this area?

If you were in my scenario, where would you stay and how much budget would you keep for a 1 bed?
Disco Gardens is way too far.

Have you looked in Business Bay?

Silicon is alright, it's a bit quiet but probably in the right price range. There's definitely a spinneys/choithrams supermarket but not sure much else. Decent enough access to Downtown and for your work.

If you lived in Bur Dubai, could you get the metro to work and negate the need for a car?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

I considered Business Bay but it didn't really appeal to me initially.

Will definitely look at Silicon now. Bur Dubai is another option I am considering.

My work place is too far from the metro station and therefore would definitely need a car. I also think to be mobile, especially in the summer months, its essential to have a car in Dubai.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:53 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

mirdif, warqa, garhoud are your best options apart from deira
Old Apr 14th 2015, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Shiva.. I was already looking at Mirdif but forgot to mention it on my earlier response. Will add Warqa and Garhoud to my list while searching on dubizzle.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Shiva.. I was already looking at Mirdif but forgot to mention it on my earlier response. Will add Warqa and Garhoud to my list while searching on dubizzle.
Mirdif is the best of the lot to be honest. It's a great place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.