Dubai

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Gabbywonderwoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai

Hi,

I would be very grateful on any advice on best affordable areas to buy property in and live in dubai?

Any tips on what I should take into account as well?

I have no young children so just a single woman.

Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai

Originally Posted by Gabbywonderwoman
Hi,

I would be very grateful on any advice on best affordable areas to buy property in and live in dubai?

Thanks
To get any useful replies you are going to have to give a lot more specifics than that
1. How much is your budget
2. Do you require a mortgage
3. Do you drive
4. What kind of area would suit you...apartment building...Villa etc etc
5. Where will you be working

etc etc

Then you might get some interesting replies that hopefully will help you come to a decision!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Gabbywonderwoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
To get any useful replies you are going to have to give a lot more specifics than that
1. How much is your budget
2. Do you require a mortgage
3. Do you drive
4. What kind of area would suit you...apartment building...Villa etc etc
5. Where will you be working

etc etc

Then you might get some interesting replies that hopefully will help you come to a decision!
Thank you for the useful starting tips,

I'm still waiting on some confirmations on a job offer so will be in a better situation to ask more questions then.

Good to see we have a great forum for advice and support
Old Dec 5th 2017, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

The Middle Eastern property market is not at all like Europe's. You are not moving to a desert version of the UK. The UAE does not have a full Western-style liquid property market; locals get assigned housing in specified neighbourhoods and don't buy and sell the family home like Brits do.

There are some properties "for sale" that target the expat market but you have to understand that in a hereditary kingdom, everything belongs to the royal family, including the property you bought and paid for. Homeowners don't have property rights there and as I said locals don't actually "own" houses.

Better to accept your company's housing offer for a while while you get your head around how things work there, and then go into the property market if you feel inclined. Few expats go the property-buying route - and it's not because they are morons who have no financial sense.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Arfana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gabbywonderwoman
Hi,

Thanks
I will be moving too as a single woman. I've been advised flatsharing is a cheap option and best to live near your office.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

yassar is an unknown quantity at this point

Ideally if your looking to purchase your property. I would recommend propertyfinder.ae. You will easily find different prices based on areas.

Be sure to look at the amount of space you are getting in an area.

Some areas in Dubai are really expensive and only way to see where your money goes is the price per square foot.

If you are moving for work and want to rent then i would recommend the same website which will have year rentals. ( some even allow you to pay on a monthly or quarterly basis) You will need your Employment Visa to secure this.

Short term rentals are also possible. Try dubizzle which is classified ads from agents. I believe the advertising isn't as expensive as Propertfinder. Hence a lot of advertisements in the property section. - This would open your flexibility to chop and change until you find the right one.

Airbnb is also good for short term rentals. Contact the host, let them know your plans. If you seem like a good bet for long term investment they can negotiate there prices. Also you don't pay a 2% sales or 5% tenant fee.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 11:25 pm
Banned

alain2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

good
Old Jan 10th 2018, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Do not buy. Rent.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So John, What agent do you work for?
Old Feb 13th 2018, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Desert Dog is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL! Same post is on a number of other sites!