DOH to DXB travel

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light
Default DOH to DXB travel

Question for the regular travelers doing DOH to DXB or even DOH to SHJ/AUH route on a Thursday evening. I have the researched the following options.

DOH to DXB via Muscat: 4 hours travel time best case scenario costing QAR1000 upwards
DOH to DXB via Kuwait: 4-5 hours travel time best case scenario costing QAR1000 upwards

Any other faster/cheaper/convenient options I am missing? If this has been discussed elsewhere in the forum please direct me there. Thank you all in advance for your help.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DOH to DXB travel

Nope. Those are the two options.

Going through Muscat is better. Kuwait is much more prone to delays and long queues. At least Muscat is within driving distance of Dubai if anything goes wrong. And Muscat Airport has a bar.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

QAR 1000 sounds pretty reasonable.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
QAR 1000 sounds pretty reasonable.
One way. It's 2k round trip.

Before the embargo it was 500 round trip on QA or Emirates.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

yeesh... sounds horrendous
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
One way. It's 2k round trip.

Before the embargo it was 500 round trip on QA or Emirates.
I've heard even more now, hence my surprise at only 1k.

We've stopped travel between them unless totally necessary and billable to the project / client wherever possible.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

In all my years here, I've been to Qatar only once and that was in transit. I thank my lucky stars every day.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Just a FYI that expat whispers over the weekend are saying embargo could last up to five years. Apparently some big multinational is making internal plans based on that assumption.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just a FYI that expat whispers over the weekend are saying embargo could last up to five years. Apparently some big multinational is making internal plans based on that assumption.
only five years?
new normal.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
In all my years here, I've been to Qatar only once and that was in transit. I thank my lucky stars every day.
Couple of working days there and one flight through.

Didn't dislike it at all, wasn't all that different. Same poop different toilet.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Five years?
Why not ten?
Think Iran
I don't see the peoples and governments of this region being particularly conciliatory or accommodating and you can just plain forget compromise I think.

Who are the losers here?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Five years?
Why not ten?
Think Iran
I don't see the peoples and governments of this region being particularly conciliatory or accommodating and you can just plain forget compromise I think.

Who are the losers here?
correct, longer it goes on for the more it plays into qatar's hands, unfortunately.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the responses.

Anybody tried or heard of Doha to Sohar by Qatar Airways and then onwards to Dubai by road? Apparently there are shared taxis from Sohar to Dubai. This is based on hearsay so want to check if anybody has tried it? Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cookiedad

Anybody tried or heard of Doha to Sohar by Qatar Airways and then onwards to Dubai by road? Apparently there are shared taxis from Sohar to Dubai. This is based on hearsay so want to check if anybody has tried it? Thanks.
Enjoy the 6-7hour drive.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cookiedad

I'm sure it's a valid possibility and possibly even slightly quicker assuming you hop straight into a car and head straight for Dubai (no wasting time with layover waits) and there's no border crossing delays but it does add a level of complication to the journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.