Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:31 am
Just Joined

ME08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Thanks for your reply. We already applied to bsb and st christ and we're on waiting lists. We're actually living right now in London and we would prefer to continue with the british system. We will then keep Riffa ideally as plan B and hopefully we will manage to access either bsb or st christ. In that case, i think we would have to leave around hamala/janabiya.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

I live in Riffa but send the kiddies to St Chris as wanted the British system rather than the American. Riffa Views is lovely although unfinished, it's a great place for families. Commute would be at least 45 minutes in the morning due to traffic but it's straight down the highway so not too much a hassle. It's great being close the Golf Club as well
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Demonstration Notice 86 - June 28, 2012

• On Thursday 28 June at 1700 hours, wide spread demonstrations are expected / planned in Bani Jamra, Sitra, Nabih Saleh, Tubli, A’Ali, Dar Kulaib, Mugaba, Karranah, Abu Saiba, Jidhaffs, Bilad Al Qadeem, Diraz, Juffair, Naim and Dair. (Yellow Circles)

• On Friday 29 June at 1700 hours, a march is planned from the Shakhoora/Jannusan Roundabout to Sar Roundabout. (Green)

• In addition to the prohibited areas outlined in previous demonstration notices, U.S. citizen Embassy employees will be prohibited from traveling along all of Budaiya Highway and Avenue 35, as well as portions of Janubiya Highway and Avenue 77, from 1600 hours Thursday 28 June to 0600 hours Friday 29 June, and then again from 1600 hours on Friday 29 June to 0600 hours on Saturday 30 June – as indicated by the shaded yellow areas on the attached map.

Remember to monitor the local UK and US Embassy websites, Local media and the MOI twitter site, see links below, in order to keep aware of the current situation & conditions.
• US Embassy Bahrain - http://bahrain.usembassy.gov/

• British Embassy Bahrain - http://ukinbahrain.fco.gov.uk/en/

• Gulf Daily News - http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/

• MOI Twitter Account - http://twitter.com/moi_bahrain

• MOI - http://www.interior.gov.bh/default_en.aspx

• Demonstration Notices – Update: http://bahrain.usembassy.gov/demonstration.html
Whilst we seek to ensure the information we give is as reliable as possible, we cannot confirm that all such events will go ahead as listed. Events may change or be cancelled.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DemonstrationNotice86-12.pdf (206.0 KB, 190 views)
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I think the disloyals are somewhat upset that their 2 bomb making factories got sussed and busted last night.

Dont know about up at your end CJ but these have all been piss and wind recently up our end. Business as usual I think.

Now is it beer time yet ?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I think the disloyals are somewhat upset that their 2 bomb making factories got sussed and busted last night.

Dont know about up at your end CJ but these have all been piss and wind recently up our end. Business as usual I think.

Now is it beer time yet ?
I'm quite where I am live, not a whisper BUT the boy went home from school with his best friend.... who lives on the freaking Budaiya highway! Daddy is off to pick him up as soon as he finishes work! I work near the Ministry of Justice so we do sometimes have a lot of police presence which screws the traffic up more than anything..

Don't forget that NR got released last night so that always stirs things up..

I'll be sitting pretty in Riffa though
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

IMMEDIATE Demonstration Notice- July 10, 2012

Reporting indicates that as of 1050 local time on 10 July 2012, Molotov cocktail usage and tire burnings were being reported in several areas to include the vicinity of Juffair Avenue near American Alley and Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman HWY near the Bahrain Mall flyover. Please take all necessary precautions.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Ahh, and just when I was thinking things were quietening down and getting boring in good ol' Bahrain.

Stay well and safe all.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Work Widow
Ahh, and just when I was thinking things were quietening down and getting boring in good ol' Bahrain.

Stay well and safe all.
We are getting demo notices for each weekend but where we are we havent noticed anything different - as always its just staying away from the dodgy area's and boy am I glad we dont live in Saar!!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

popsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to all

The turn off from the highway at Seef was tire burned at about half ten, 11 this morning. May just be bad luck on my part, but it had been ages since I've been caught up in anything that isn't on the budaiya highway, so was quite surprised.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe and don't get caught up in troubles hey.
Better still get a job in singapore. This place is the mutts nuts for expats
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:09 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

What do you work at Tockalosh? You seem a bit of a wanker so I am guessing construction like me.

Just curious as I have had a couple of offers from that part of the world but I don't know anyone well working in those areas.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea - just pop in a good word for me wont you - am sure they could do with a couple of decent lawyers out there
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:16 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by camel jockey
I live in Riffa but send the kiddies to St Chris as wanted the British system rather than the American. Riffa Views is lovely although unfinished, it's a great place for families. Commute would be at least 45 minutes in the morning due to traffic but it's straight down the highway so not too much a hassle. It's great being close the Golf Club as well
Is it still unfinsihed?? I left Bahrain 4 years ago and it was 'almost' finished, yanni.

It never ceased to amaze me how they built this place about a mile from Alba aluminium plant and BAPCO refinery. You have a golfers resort a mile away from a scene from Blade Runner with smoke belching and crap pipes everywhere. There was never too much logic in Bahrain.

Last edited by Desert Dubliner; Jul 10th 2012 at 8:18 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
What do you work at Tockalosh? You seem a bit of a wanker so I am guessing construction like me.

Just curious as I have had a couple of offers from that part of the world but I don't know anyone well working in those areas.
Lmao, originally bulk chemical then construction then oil and gas and now back to construction.

Come and check this place out. It makes the very best of the middle east look like an Arabic floor trap in a rochdale public shithouse after the latest strain of Lahore dysentery has got off the plane.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Is it still unfinsihed?? I left Bahrain 4 years ago and it was 'almost' finished, yanni.

It never ceased to amaze me how they built this place about a mile from Alba aluminium plant and BAPCO refinery. You have a golfers resort a mile away from a scene from Blade Runner with smoke belching and crap pipes everywhere. There was never too much logic in Bahrain.
And I doubt it will ever be. They have given up on the Park Estate now (which is a half built ghost town) but the club side of the estate is nice. Houses are mostly finished there but not too many residents. They are opening Al Osra, Dome etc. in new shops right near the Riffa Views school which should be great.. (ie. don't have to head to Budaiya to buy my swine products!)..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.