Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Thoughts today are with all Bahrainis. The govt went ****ing mad last night, tanks, troops, the full ****ing oppressive monty.

What i'm hearing is at least 5 dead, 100's injured, the police and army are stopping people from getting to hospitals to get treatment

**** THIS PLACE. today i will mostly be having a sense of humor failure about this shithole part of the world

warning the below is an extremely graphic image.

MODS if this is too much please delete it

WARNING this link is horrendous NO REALLY it is horrific DO NOT CLICK

does this look like plastic bullets and how to control a peaceful demonstration?
http://yfrog.com/h7ufplcj
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:41 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

paramedics have been attacked for treating injured people

http://plixi.com/p/77997665

tanks on the streets

http://twitpic.com/40nonm/full

Last edited by shiva; Feb 17th 2011 at 6:55 am.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Interesting developments. They cracked down hard. I wonder how the west will respond to this..I await Hillary Clinton to praise the gov't on its handling of the unrest. And will we go back to the days when cars with Saudi number plates had their windows smashed up on a regular basis? It seems to me, that some part of the protest is about foreign intervention..the Saudi presence surely can't help..? This mornings news were a bit of a shocker tbh. Friday evening will be telling though, I have given up on predicting these events. Bahrain still ranks amongst the lowest on The Econimists 'show thrower index', but the last few weeks I have been surprissed by the arab revolts on a daily basis. It seems 'teargas and rubber bullets' are the order of the day no matter news source you look at. A sad day for Bahrain indeed..Is this the investigation they get as promised by the king?

Is the curfews that I've been hearing about island wide?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

with the 5th fleet based there and americas huge worry about a mini iranian state i suspect the only us action will be to sell the govt more tear gas and ammo.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shiva
with the 5th fleet based there and americas huge worry about a mini iranian state i suspect the only us action will be to sell the govt more tear gas and ammo.
Ah yes, I was wondering if running out of tear gas would be a problem..But seriously..never understood the US. Good tyrants and bad tyrants..? Some people have even managed to fill both positions..Gaddafhi, Saddam, Mubarak..
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

http://http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/t/video/abcs-miguel-marquez-beaten-bahrain-protests-revolts-government-police-journalist-attacked-violence-middle-east-12936174
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Anonymous has been angered too.

But has there ever been a succesful revolution without the army on their side?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
But has there ever been a succesful revolution without the army on their side?
A good point. As no Shia are allowed in the military, it's difficult to see how they can pull this one off in the same style as the Egyptians did with the backing of their army. How do you keep 70% of the population (and an increasing number of the remaining 30%) down forever though?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
A good point. As no Shia are allowed in the military, it's difficult to see how they can pull this one off in the same style as the Egyptians did with the backing of their army. How do you keep 70% of the population (and an increasing number of the remaining 30%) down forever though?
I guess the upper hand is the nationality of the armed forces and police..they have no allegiance to the people, only their pay masters..This could have been such a non-event..but they messed it right up. The government that is, not the protesters.

Hurting medics tending to the wounded definetly does not help. I was just asking someone if they thought they had sought advice from the Americans in terms of their response. Shouldn't it be condemned already? They were quick to condemn the Iranian response..

I'm glad I'm outta here in a few days for a bit. I feel greatly for my Bahraini friends, but this is their battle.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
I guess the upper hand is the nationality of the armed forces and police..they have no allegiance to the people, only their pay masters..This could have been such a non-event..but they messed it right up. The government that is, not the protesters.

Hurting medics tending to the wounded definetly does not help. I was just asking someone if they thought they had sought advice from the Americans in terms of their response. Shouldn't it be condemned already? They were quick to condemn the Iranian response..

I'm glad I'm outta here in a few days for a bit. I feel greatly for my Bahraini friends, but this is their battle.
Hague seems to have judged the situation well and moved to condemn the government response quickly. Not sure about the "consular support" though seeing as the British Embassy has now closed as a precaution....
British government calls for restraint
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm almost impressed..but are we gonna see similar responses evolve as they did in Egypt? Going from..calm down to step down?

Anyway, the double standard champion has spoken..'show restraint moving forward'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41638606...east/n_africa/

It's almost comical.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

How is sunny Bahrain this afternoon?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
How is sunny Bahrain this afternoon?
All relatively quiet for the moment but the storm is coming. 2 funerals in Sitra went off quietly but a lot of stirring due at Diraz for lunchtime prayers followed by the last funeral in the village where all this kicked off. Hoping all remains quiet but very much doubt it.
Thankfully GnTs at the club as per normal
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:19 am
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Juffair near Grand Mosque is completely swarmed with pro-govt protests..no interaction obviously!
!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.