British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Consultant doctor salary in Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/consultant-doctor-salary-doha-904224/)

Docdoc Oct 6th 2017 2:29 pm

Consultant doctor salary in Doha

Hi - can anyone tell me what is the salary for a consultant physician in Doha - HMC? Is it worth moving from the UK? Impending Brexit seems to be a motivation ;) of course money doesn't hurt.

Many thanks indeed

Johnnyboy11 Oct 6th 2017 3:08 pm

Re: Consultant doctor salary in Doha

Originally Posted by Docdoc (Post 12355068)
Hi - can anyone tell me what is the salary for a consultant physician in Doha - HMC? Is it worth moving from the UK? Impending Brexit seems to be a motivation ;) of course money doesn't hurt.

Many thanks indeed

Are you a Dr Hibbert or a Dr Nick Riviera?

Docdoc Oct 6th 2017 3:37 pm

[QUOTE=Johnnyboy11;12355107]Are you a Dr Hibbert or a Dr Nick Riviera?

I know you are trying very hard to be funny but sadly you are not. You are more of a troll. Get a life mate.

co durham boy Oct 7th 2017 6:42 am

[QUOTE=Docdoc;12355130]

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11 (Post 12355107)
Are you a Dr Hibbert or a Dr Nick Riviera?

I know you are trying very hard to be funny but sadly you are not. You are more of a troll. Get a life mate.

You won't stand much of a chance in a shit hole like Doha if that offends you

scot47 Oct 7th 2017 5:30 pm

Salary is largely dependant on ethnicity and passport.

DXBtoDOH Oct 8th 2017 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Docdoc (Post 12355068)

Many thanks indeed

What does moving to Qatar have to do with Brexit? If you were concerned why not another EU country before the drawbridge is raised?

Money is probably decent. Lifestyle is eh. It's a dull and boring country. If you're Muslim I can see an advantage, but if you're not, there's little virtue beyond money but there's a lot of trade offs.

Muswell Hill Oct 9th 2017 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12355973)
Salary is largely dependant on ethnicity and passport.

Totally agree. Is your position for a "Senior Consultant", if not you'll be working a lot!

Queef Latinah Oct 10th 2017 12:36 pm

If you want a good benchmark for a Doha salary, you need to first calculate the value of your dignity. That will be the first thing out the window the moment you land.

DXBtoDOH Oct 10th 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Queef Latinah (Post 12357811)
If you want a good benchmark for a Doha salary, you need to first calculate the value of your dignity. That will be the first thing out the window the moment you land.

:goodpost:

scot47 Oct 10th 2017 3:59 pm

I worked for 17 years in Saudi with 4 different employers.

I lasted 2 weeks in Qatar.

mission Oct 11th 2017 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Queef Latinah (Post 12357811)

:lol::lol::lol: