Reload this Page >

Conditional offer Saudi Arabia - * Iqama Process*

Conditional offer Saudi Arabia - * Iqama Process*

Old Mar 27th 2024, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Conditional offer Saudi Arabia - * Iqama Process*

Hi everyone,

I am seeking advice and insights from individuals who have experience with the Iqama process in Saudi Arabia.

Here's my situation:

I've recently received a conditional job offer from a company, pending client approval and the acquisition of my Iqama.

I have received client approval yesterday.

To obtain the Iqama, I need to undergo a medical check, obtain a UK police clearance, and apostille my certificates.

I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any guidance or experiences you can share:

1. **Apostille Process**: How long does it typically take to apostille my certificates in the Saudi embassy? Should I do this from my current location (South America) or go back to the UK and handle it from there?

2. **Medical Check**: What does the medical check entail? Are there specific tests or procedures I should be aware of? And how long does the entire medical check process usually take?

3. **Timeline**: Considering all these steps, how long does the entire Iqama process usually take from start to finish?

4. **Resignation Timing**: Do you recommend resigning from my current job before obtaining the Iqama, or should I wait until I have it in hand?

I'm eager to hear about your experiences and any advice you can offer. Your insights will be incredibly valuable as I navigate this process. Thank you in advance for your help!

thanks all
Old Mar 31st 2024, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

beardysuhz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Conditional offer Saudi Arabia - * Iqama Process*

Originally Posted by Hash
Hi everyone,

I am seeking advice and insights from individuals who have experience with the Iqama process in Saudi Arabia.

Here's my situation:

I've recently received a conditional job offer from a company, pending client approval and the acquisition of my Iqama.

I have received client approval yesterday.

To obtain the Iqama, I need to undergo a medical check, obtain a UK police clearance, and apostille my certificates.

I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any guidance or experiences you can share:

1. **Apostille Process**: How long does it typically take to apostille my certificates in the Saudi embassy? Should I do this from my current location (South America) or go back to the UK and handle it from there?

2. **Medical Check**: What does the medical check entail? Are there specific tests or procedures I should be aware of? And how long does the entire medical check process usually take?

3. **Timeline**: Considering all these steps, how long does the entire Iqama process usually take from start to finish?

4. **Resignation Timing**: Do you recommend resigning from my current job before obtaining the Iqama, or should I wait until I have it in hand?

I'm eager to hear about your experiences and any advice you can offer. Your insights will be incredibly valuable as I navigate this process. Thank you in advance for your help!

thanks all
1. In terms of Attestation of Documents (this can take typically take between 1 to 3 weeks in the UK)..do note that these were for Documents from UK institutions so not sure if your documents are from South America or not and whether this has any impact on timing.

2. Medical checks in the UK was very straightforward and takes a day (visit a medical centre for chest xray, blood test, urine sample, maybe stool sample if unlucky)

3. Timeline in total can vary and including the police security check can take around 2 to 4 months. I would advise using an experienced and recommend agent who will make the process as smooth as possible and ideally try do do whatever you can in parallel e.g security clearance and Attestation.

4. I would say do not resign until the last possible minute you can before things are confirmed. Just to let you know this entire process means you will get a Permanent Business Visa to KSA..you only get your iqama once you travel to KSA and that visa converts into an iqama.

Hope that helps
Old Mar 31st 2024, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beardysuhz
1. In terms of Attestation of Documents (this can take typically take between 1 to 3 weeks in the UK)..do note that these were for Documents from UK institutions so not sure if your documents are from South America or not and whether this has any impact on timing.
Both documents UK ones, the ARCO and my master degree certificate.
I read that my Master degree certificate needs to be certified by a solicitor, true?

2. Medical checks in the UK was very straightforward and takes a day (visit a medical centre for chest xray, blood test, urine sample, maybe stool sample if unlucky)
What does this check called? Or when I show up and ask for this in the center they will know straightaway what I am after!

3. Timeline in total can vary and including the police security check can take around 2 to 4 months. I would advise using an experienced and recommend agent who will make the process as smooth as possible and ideally try do do whatever you can in parallel e.g security clearance and Attestation.
I asked the company if there is an agent who can go through the process and help me out. Waiting their response.

4. I would say do not resign until the last possible minute you can before things are confirmed. Just to let you know this entire process means you will get a Permanent Business Visa to KSA..you only get your iqama once you travel to KSA and that visa converts into an iqama.
I hope that i can do the embassy interview where I am in South America, otherwise I have to resign and go back to the UK to finish the process.

Hope that helps
thanks mate
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 11:41 am
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa Agent will do that, not long, usually a week or so.

Chest x-ray, bloods, doctor cough and grope. Nothing onerous.

You won't get an iqama until you are in country. This is for your employment visa. Once you are in country your HR will apply for your iqama, which takes a while.

Do not resign until you have your visa and your tickets booked. Visa process is always a bit sketchy and takes longer than expected. If you're told a couple of weeks for your visa, expect 2 to 3 months, sometimes longer. Nothing moves quickly in KSA.