Reload this Page >

Changes to Teacher Criteria Abu Dhabi

Changes to Teacher Criteria Abu Dhabi

Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

JCoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changes to Teacher Criteria Abu Dhabi

Hi All,

Been away from the forum for a couple of months as I was moving to Abu Dhabi and been pretty busy with that as I'm sure you can all understand.

Just a quick question; wife is a primary school teacher with her degree in Drama and Screen Acting and her PGDE in Primary Teaching from Scotland. She's currently working in a nursery as a teacher, and really enjoying it. However, I've heard/read some stuff about the criteria for teachers changing in the region? Some have said they have to do extra courses (which is fine), others say if you have the PGDE and not a full degree in teaching you won't be able to teach in region at all.

Anyone able to shed some light on this at all?

Thanks a lot guys!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to Teacher Criteria Abu Dhabi

As you know, there have been enormous changes with your employer in the last two months. You have also probably figured out that rumours and gossip tend to rule the roost.

ADEC was planning on introducing registered teacher criteria (there are/were none, and in most of the Arab World there is no such thing as a teaching degree - Arab Expatriate teachers don't have them, they just have a degree in whatever subject they teach). But it is not yet known if Adek will follow through with those plans, if the Ministry of Education in its new supervisory role will follow through, or if the whole thing will be scrapped or changed beyond recognition.

Wait and see. If something happens you will know it. If you are thinking you are going to predict what is going to happen and plan ahead - forget it. That isn't how it works there.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

JCoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to Teacher Criteria Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it!

So nothing's really set in stone yet then? Ok I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it transpires and how it would affect her current role as she's a primary school teacher working in a nursery school.

Thanks again.