cats to saudi

Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

iamoverhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cats to saudi

My husband has secured a job in KSA and we plan to take our 22 cats there.

Can anyone who has done this before tell me what paperwork is needed to do this?
Old Oct 10th 2014, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: cats to saudi

I don't think many people will have taken 22 cats with them before!!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

22 cats? Are you serious?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamoverhere
My husband has secured a job in KSA and we plan to take our 22 cats there.

Can anyone who has done this before tell me what paperwork is needed to do this?
If you are serious (22!!??), don't bother. You'd be better off getting them out to sleep or rehomed than bringing the poor sods here. Shocking vet care, shocking food, supplies and prices, and terrible access to decent medicine. It will also cost you a fortune in paperwork to get them on the plane in the first place. Approx £500 per cat. Enjoy.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Saudis and most non-western expats living there have no concept about animal welfare. Also, as the temperature will be approaching 100degC and humidity rampant nine months of the year, imagine how wearing a fur coat will feel for the poor pussycats. Better not to bring them. Plenty of local strays to keep you company instead.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
the temperature will be approaching 100degC and humidity rampant nine months of the year,
100C, which part of Mercury do you live on? It's only about 50C in the hot parts of the summer.
Originally Posted by mentalist
Plenty of local strays to keep you company instead.
Correct, masses of them. You can turn into one of the nutty cat ladies who feed them and encourage more of them.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikewot
100C, which part of Mercury do you live on? It's only about 50C in the hot parts of the summer.
Correct, masses of them. You can turn into one of the nutty cat ladies who feed them and encourage more of them.
Feeding doesn't encourage more cats. Not getting the ****ers neutered is the problem. Starving them out doesn't work because a) that's absolutely despicable and b) they breed a lot quicker than any amount of starving them will work. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; Oct 14th 2014 at 1:12 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
Feeding doesn't encourage more cats.
Feeding them keeps them alive (Darwinian theory), which allows them to breed. If they had to fend for themselves there would be less of the blasted things.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Feeding them keeps them alive (Darwinian theory), which allows them to breed. If they had to fend for themselves there would be less of the blasted things.
There are no domestic cats indigenous to KSA - all here because of man. So if man took some responsibility rather than cold hearted apathy, the problem could be dealt with.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Might be too late...
Old Oct 15th 2014, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Maybe the 22 cats is why her hubby has taken a job in KSA, not expecting her to follow him.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Pussy Galore
Old Oct 20th 2014, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

catladyksa is an unknown quantity at this point

You are only allowed to bring in 2 cats per household. This went into effect about 4 1/2 years ago. You need their vaccinations up-to-date and a clean bill of health from your vet in the UK and they do not need to be microchipped. I would go thru a vet in the UK and they would best be able to help you out. We do have vets here and some are not bad, and some are horrible. They have a good one in Riyadh and a good one in the Al Khobar area. Not sure about Jeddah area. You need to have the correct paperwork and contact the airlines to ensure that they will allow the cats in the cargo. I know Saudia Airlines will allow you to take one cat in the cabin leaving Saudi to the USA, but not sure if they allow you to bring it in the cabin to the country. I would doubt it as the paperwork needs to be completed in the cargo/immigration area where the pets are unloaded. I hope this helps.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by catladyksa
You are only allowed to bring in 2 cats per household. This went into effect about 4 1/2 years ago. You need their vaccinations up-to-date and a clean bill of health from your vet in the UK and they do not need to be microchipped. I would go thru a vet in the UK and they would best be able to help you out. We do have vets here and some are not bad, and some are horrible. They have a good one in Riyadh and a good one in the Al Khobar area. Not sure about Jeddah area. You need to have the correct paperwork and contact the airlines to ensure that they will allow the cats in the cargo. I know Saudia Airlines will allow you to take one cat in the cabin leaving Saudi to the USA, but not sure if they allow you to bring it in the cabin to the country. I would doubt it as the paperwork needs to be completed in the cargo/immigration area where the pets are unloaded. I hope this helps.
If you want to be able to bring them back to the UK, you need to get the not only microchipped, but also a rabies serum test (minimum 90 days to process). Also, you need an import license from KSA and the vet certificate notorised and stamped by the FCO, and the UK Saudi Embassy.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 9:16 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Bodieanddoyle, I love how your posts over a period of 18 months are now exactly the same advice we gave you all that time ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.