Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car sale fraud, info needed please

Car sale fraud, info needed please

Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car sale fraud, info needed please

Originally Posted by sign1
The car owner is still in the UAE. I have a valid certificate from Dubai Islamic Insurance who were the last insurers of the previous car owner. The certificate clearly states the car was written off andwas not suitable for any further human use. After that the owner cheated and sold the car. This is clear fraud and would be the basis of the claim. Once the case goes to the Dubai courts the culprits would not be allowed to leave the country untill the case would be finalised.
Ok, that's looking better.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I am really curious about the outcome of this matter. Please keep us posted.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

sign1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually what happened the previous car owner purchased the car as brand new from Al Futtaim, it was a GCC car. He had a major accident on the car which was declared as total loss/ was written off by his insurance. By fraud he managed to insure the car with another insurer concealing all the facts, repaired the car and put on sale at the dubbizle. Unfortunately that time I had landed in the UAE from the UK and was searching for a slightly used car and got in touch with the owner. He again concealed all the facts. I paid a Pakistani motor mechanic from Sharjah privately to check the car, he also robbed me and charged a hefty amount for the shit job he did. The mechanic gave all clear and hence I purchased the car. The truth of the matter became clear to me after the purchase when after a few months I took the car to Al Futtaim Sharjah for a routine service and they informed the car has already been written off!
What has happened has happened, the message is very loud and clear which I have reinforced to my friends and work colleagues: DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING 2ND HAND IN THE UAE FROM A PRIVATE OWNER AND DON'T GET INVOLVED IN ANY DEAL/S WITH THE SYRIAN OR PAKISTANI PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO COME FROM THE NORTH OF PAKISTAN LIKE PESHAWAR ARE ESPECIALLY LIARS, DISHONEST AND CHEATERS.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 11:16 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING 2ND HAND IN THE UAE FROM A PRIVATE OWNER AND DON'T GET INVOLVED IN ANY DEAL/S WITH THE SYRIAN OR PAKISTANI PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO COME FROM THE NORTH OF PAKISTAN LIKE PESHAWAR ARE ESPECIALLY LIARS, DISHONEST AND CHEATERS.
Ah so finally your purpose in joining the site becomes clear. Is this it? This all you've got to say now?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 11:25 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Actually what happened the previous car owner purchased the car as brand new from Al Futtaim, it was a GCC car. He had a major accident on the car which was declared as total loss/ was written off by his insurance. By fraud he managed to insure the car with another insurer concealing all the facts, repaired the car and put on sale at the dubbizle. Unfortunately that time I had landed in the UAE from the UK and was searching for a slightly used car and got in touch with the owner. He again concealed all the facts. I paid a Pakistani motor mechanic from Sharjah privately to check the car, he also robbed me and charged a hefty amount for the shit job he did. The mechanic gave all clear and hence I purchased the car. The truth of the matter became clear to me after the purchase when after a few months I took the car to Al Futtaim Sharjah for a routine service and they informed the car has already been written off!
What has happened has happened, the message is very loud and clear which I have reinforced to my friends and work colleagues: DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING 2ND HAND IN THE UAE FROM A PRIVATE OWNER AND DON'T GET INVOLVED IN ANY DEAL/S WITH THE SYRIAN OR PAKISTANI PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO COME FROM THE NORTH OF PAKISTAN LIKE PESHAWAR ARE ESPECIALLY LIARS, DISHONEST AND CHEATERS.
In a write-off scenario the car becomes the property of the insurance company and the write-off is registered with RTA (as are all accidents).

So you are saying he bought it back from the insurance company, fixed it up with his dodgy mate and got it re-registered? Unless he changed the chassis number there is no way he could have made this happen, but if he changed the chassis number you wouldn't have been able to find out about the write-off.

In your earlier post you said that you drove the car for 1.5 years and now you're saying you discovered about the write-off after a few months. So what is the actual truth?

Also the rant against Syrians and Pakistanis doesn't really help your case in wanting to be believed...
Old Feb 28th 2015, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

sign1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Norsk,
You are wrong, after the write off the insurance companies in the UAE are selling the cars to the owners at discounted prices after settling the claims so they would save the headache of disposing off the cars themselves. This guy did the same thing, he bought the car at peanuts from the insurance, repaired it and advertised for sale. The chassis number remains the same and this is how you can trace what happened with the car if you are really interested. If a car is written off in the UAE nobody knows about that apart from the owner and the insurance company as they don't inform the RTA central database. This is one loophole which the liars and dishonest people are taking advantage of.
I have been in the UAE for a total of 1 and a half year but drove the car for a few months and for that time period it was in various workshops for most of the time.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Your posts (and reasoning) are extraordinary. As far as I can tell you simply wanted to bad mouth certain nationalities. Job jobbed, I'm locking this thread now.