Reload this Page >

Camera flash in muscat!

Camera flash in muscat!

Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

jinoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Camera flash in muscat!

Hi,

Just returned from the trip to souk muscat. Unfortunately, I think I might have been flashed for wrong reasons. I was in one of these big junctions waiting for the signal so that I could take left to go the corniche. Apparently didn't realise that I was on the left most lane which is meant for 'U' turns, and when the signal was green I just moved forward when I realised that I was in the wrong lane and so quickly changed to the right lane and continue, however during this small amount of time the camera probably caught me thinking I was going to take 'U' turn for which the signal was still red.

I was trying to check online with my car number but it asks for more info, as this is company car that I'm driving wondered how can I confirm if the flash is for me without having to provide CRN etc.. details. Otherwise should I have to wait till Sunday and take this through the PRO to find out ?

What would be the worst case scenario ? Just had my license issued a week back, worried

Thanks in advance form your replies...
Old Sep 5th 2014, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camera flash in muscat!

think you will need to wait "until" it comes up on website etc, and if so, you can then take it forward and try to explain, but usually we all get fines that arent ours, just the way it goes here....
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:34 pm
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries , a simple Wasta will get it expunged for good
Old Sep 6th 2014, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

What is a wasta?
Old Sep 6th 2014, 6:01 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

Using contacts so the rules won't apply to you among other things .
If you know someone in the Royal Police , he will take care of it .
If not , don't worry about the company ? What are they gonna do ? Send you home?
Definitely not , the worst is to pay for that from you own money and thats it
Old Sep 6th 2014, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry it happens all the time, just pay the fine unless you can explain what happened. nowt you can do before the event is recorded on the website.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 12:47 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Don't fret. Fine will be about 10 OMR. Just pay it when you go to renew your car license.

But if you got flashed for going through a red, just admit it to the ROP at renewal time. What you did was still illegal (changing lanes through a junction). A mate of mine admitted accidentally jumping a red in similar circumstances and they let him off the 48 hr jail time.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have two OMR fines currently sitting on my account (oddly timed at 12:50 and 12:52). Both are 100dh - write them off to experience.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, so flash penalty can be dealt with no impact on the license. Since it was the company car, does the ROP send any form of letter to the company? And does all penalties have to be paid only during the renewal time?

Just to clarify, I didn't jump red lights but only was in the wrong lane for few seconds only but I don't intend to argue or justify my act, as OS suggested will promptly admit it and pay fine or spend 48hours!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:52 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

You did jump the red light. Doesn't matter what excuse you made, but you went through a red light. If you were in the wrong lane, you should have stayed in that lane, and sucked up your mistake, done a double u turn and tried again.

ROP will send a letter to your company as the owner. I don't know when company car renewals fines take place.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

No I didn't jump red light, that's why I just want to clarify.

The cam thought that I was jumping red but actually I wasn't and was driving on the green lane only. So, what really happened was I was on the inner most lane and it was red for people coming from my right and wanting to take left. As I was the inner lane the cam assumed me to be coming from my right and wanting to take left! So in theory I was neither in the wrong lane nor was I jumping red but surely the camera flashed. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether the flash is for me or someone else! Hence wanting to know about the letter.

Hope I have put that clear..