Reload this Page >

Calling all Doha residents....

Calling all Doha residents....

Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Wassle01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all Doha residents....

Hi there,

I've already had some great advice from this forum about moving to doha, so thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer my various and repetitive questions!

Because we have 9 months to find a 2/3 bed family home, I was hoping you all may tell me where the best apartment blocks or compounds are by reputation?

We need to be in north or west doha for access to ras laffan and our potential school.

Beverly Hills tower in west bay has been mentioned, what other apartment blocks/compounds are good, child friendly and with good amenities?

Appreciate your responses and thanks
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all Doha residents....

We are in Beverly Hills Tower - looked at a few compounds and decided that the furnished apartment was less risky and more suited to us (less ties etc.)

Quite a few friends are up by Al Wabb - Villagio way. I’m afraid I can’t tell you which compound specifically but there’s plenty to choose from by all accounts
Old Oct 31st 2014, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

The Pearl
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

stay close to the north west in order to avoid traffic, and close to the school. Close to the sea (Katara or the pearl) as you will enjoy the see and Katara cultural village, one of the few places where you can have some cultural activities in Doha.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ali84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am currently living in the Y village compound which has pretty good facilities only pain is the wacky races traffic in rush hour to westbay. took me 2 hours yesterday leaving at 6am, al waab and al rayaan roads seem to be constantly gridlocked. but only 40 minutes to get back after work.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

for access to RL, I would search for a compound in Duhail. There are plenty schools also.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

There's very little here that would be applicable in 9 months time except that it's still dull as dishwater .

Don't sweat it , give it 6 months at least before you look at accomadation .

They change rulers here in less than 12 hours
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Wassle01 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks a million everyone. I'll have a recky around Duhail, The Pearl and Al Waab when I'm out there in a few weeks but won't look seriously until nearer the summer time. For now i'll just continue to search online and spit out my tea when i calculate the monthly rent in pounds!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha been there... cant believe you have to pay 3000$ to live in a decent place