British Passport

Old Aug 12th 2015, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

War machine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Passport

Hi All

2 weeks ago I had my interview with the UK embassy in Dubai for my Daughters first British passport. Does anyone has an idea of how long does it take after the interview for the passport to be issued or to get a response back? Its been nearly 15 months now since the application was made!

Thanks.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 10:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Passport

It can vary hugely as you are likely aware of. If you have had your interview recently then that bodes well that a decision is likely to be made sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

they stopped interviews at the Embassy years ago and you courier the docs across the UK now. Unless the embassy has reason to doubt your daughters entitlement to a UK passport?
Old Aug 13th 2015, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

We had to send all the documents to the HMPO in Liverpool. As I understand the initial assessment was carried out in the UK and then they have to send the details across to the local embassy which in my case was Islamabad to verify other documents.

After completing all the initial check everyone goes through an interview. So i don't think interview is only done if they have doubts, its a normal procedures for every first passport issued.

Ta
Old Aug 14th 2015, 10:54 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by War machine
After completing all the initial check everyone goes through an interview. So i don't think interview is only done if they have doubts, its a normal procedures for every first passport issued.

Ta
No, it isn't.

I have two kids, aged 4 and 2, and I got both of them British passports while living in Dubai by sending off docs overseas. Took about 3 weeks from what I remember. Never called to interview for either of them. All first passport applicants will be called for interview if over 16. Child passport applications won't, at least not as a matter of routine.

I am slightly confused by your post. You say you had interview 2 weeks ago at embassy in Dubai. You then mentioned in your last past that documents were sent to 'local embassy' which in your case was Islamabad.

In what context is Islamabad 'local' if you are British, living in Dubai?
Old Aug 14th 2015, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

It appears that you had applied for the passports before the whole restructuring of the HMPO happened hence why it took so less time.

Our documents had to go to Islamabad because my daughter was born in Pakistan. Majority of all our medical records are from the UK however because of my move to Dubai at last minute meant that the baby had to be born over there, and I think that's the reason why the case is slightly complicated but 15 months to do all the checks is questionable. Just shows how they treat overseas citizens.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 11:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's to do with the place of birth of the applicant, not the country from which you are applying from. Pakistan is a high risk country, the UAE is not. This is why they would interview the parents of a child born in Pakistan applying from Dubai but not the parents of a child born in and applying from Dubai.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:59 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Our documents had to go to Islamabad because my daughter was born in Pakistan. Majority of all our medical records are from the UK however because of my move to Dubai at last minute meant that the baby had to be born over there, and I think that's the reason why the case is slightly complicated but 15 months to do all the checks is questionable. Just shows how they treat overseas citizens.
I think at the point we applied for my son, they were already doing things from Liverpool. My daughter's one was done via Germany even though e were in Dubai.

15 months does sound ridiculous. I have had my own issues with UKBA and home office so I don't need any convincing how useless they are.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

My tuppence worth...

My latest addition was born in AD on July 25th. I couriered the application to Liverpool and received confirmation it had been delivered on Mon 17th Aug. DHL delivered his passport to the house Sunday 23rd..

Cant complain with that turnaround time....
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:45 am
Just Joined

leosheree is an unknown quantity at this point

TGFKASE, Where did you get your passport application form? Did you complete online, pay online and then print declaration form to post to Liverpool? I need to get my daughter's passport reneweb by 2nd week of December and a bit worried timescale might be too close. Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2015, 11:07 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leosheree
TGFKASE, Where did you get your passport application form? Did you complete online, pay online and then print declaration form to post to Liverpool? I need to get my daughter's passport reneweb by 2nd week of December and a bit worried timescale might be too close. Thanks
You might be OK as its winter. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Nov 27th 2015, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

2 weeks ago I had my interview with the UK embassy in Dubai for my Daughters first British passport. Does anyone has an idea of how long does it take after the interview for the passport to be issued or to get a response back? Its been nearly 15 months now since the application was made!

Thanks.
Can't you use her Pakistani passport till you get her British one through ?
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:28 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leosheree
Yep, all online. Your daughter born here?
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 3:36 am
Just Joined

amanmodi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
My tuppence worth...

My latest addition was born in AD on July 25th. I couriered the application to Liverpool and received confirmation it had been delivered on Mon 17th Aug. DHL delivered his passport to the house Sunday 23rd..

Cant complain with that turnaround time....
TGFKASE, quick question - did you have to send your original passport along with the application? Let me know, please!

I somehow managed to miss that in the guidance note and only sent a colour photocopy of the photo page of my and my wife's passport. The documents got delivered on Monday 30 Nov and the Status on the website went up to "Declaration for received, being processed" yesterday with Action as "Not available." Really hoping it would be fine as we are looking forward to travelling to see family over Xmas!
Old Dec 7th 2015, 6:27 am
Just Joined

leosheree is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick update on my daughter's passport renewal. Online application submited (Nov 22)Declaration form and passport sent by DHL (Nov 23)Arrived at Liverpool Office (Nov 25)Dispatched (Nov 27)New passport delivered (Dec 3)Old passport delivered (Dec 7)Another quick turnaround.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.