Reload this Page >

Best buildings in downtown dubai

Best buildings in downtown dubai

Old Mar 29th 2017, 10:26 am
Just Joined

newbie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best buildings in downtown dubai

Originally Posted by Scamp
Two different sets of friends have lived in Burj Views. First was years ago and I was jealous, lovely apartment.

Most recent left last year, less jealous. Apartment was tired, cupboards broken and generally a bit worn. Common areas alright, but again, bit tired. Worst thing was the security and rules. Emaar permissions to move in and out aren't as easy to get as other buildings, but maybe my mate just dealt with someone particularly special. Had to have an argument at 5 or 6am once with security about filling my car with about 5 boxes, couple of suitcases and some other bits to take to a flea market. He wouldn't let them out the building without a permit for 'moving items'. Shit like that can swivel.

The Residences (I think) we're really nice, mate was in there. Good size. Check them out

Dubizzle is the only source.

Have also been using https://www.propertyfinder.ae/
Old Mar 29th 2017, 10:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by newbie123
Have also been using https://www.propertyfinder.ae/
Yeah...meh. Much of a muchness. I'd not bother, I'd just go to Dubizzle.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...meh. Much of a muchness. I'd not bother, I'd just go to Dubizzle.
i actually find propertyfinder much better. Dubizzle is sh*t because sometimes the apartment being advertised has no pics or several apartments in the same building will have the same pics.
With propertyfinder they have to put up pics and i think there is also a better 'check' than dubizzle, to make sure the advert is genuine - ie the real estate company putting up the advert has to be a legit company etc
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
i actually find propertyfinder much better. Dubizzle is sh*t because sometimes the apartment being advertised has no pics or several apartments in the same building will have the same pics.
With propertyfinder they have to put up pics and i think there is also a better 'check' than dubizzle, to make sure the advert is genuine - ie the real estate company putting up the advert has to be a legit company etc
I bet you any money I could have a fake advert up on Property Finder in the next 30mins.
None of them are good, they're just the start point.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you any money I could have a fake advert up on Property Finder in the next 30mins.
None of them are good, they're just the start point.
you could be right...fairplay
Old Mar 29th 2017, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Emptydeys is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in Downtown for seven months so i'll give you my two cents:

The side next to Burj khalifa is closer to the metro, but is FULL of building work at the moment. Standpoint Towers and the Lofts have buildings being built left right and centre around them. It does not matter if you are on the 2nd or 20th floor, you will be hearing noise virtually every day nearly 24 hours a day. I can sleep through a pneumatic drill so it's ok for me, but not for light sleepers.

I'd advise you to go towards Old Town, or the buildings in th emi ddle of the boulevard near burj plaza. OR, Burj Views
Old Mar 29th 2017, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, based on online research so far...i think the Residences seem like a good option, there are lots of restaurants close by and a small park for some outdoor space!
I think I could walk to Dubai Mall from there?!

I can't tell if there is any ongoing construction around that side but it seems pretty full so hopefully nothing too close.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

there are one or two near residences being built, but if you have a Burj facing room then it shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks, based on online research so far...i think the Residences seem like a good option, there are lots of restaurants close by and a small park for some outdoor space!

I can't tell if there is any ongoing construction around that side but it seems pretty full so hopefully nothing too close.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

also there is a Spinneys (residences), Al Maya (boulveard walk) , Carrerfour (burj views) so those buildings you could just pop d own and get milk

im in standpoint tower, EMAAR is good with thier mainteenance, decent enough community, the building works runied the immediate area
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:20 am
Account Closed

Don't get too excited about the park. In winter months it often holds events which are nothing short of deafening. Try to go higher floor and away from the park.

You'd get to Dubai mall in about 4-6mins walking. No time at all and can cut through by the Palace and Souk Al Bahar too.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get too excited about the park. In winter months it often holds events which are nothing short of deafening. Try to go higher floor and away from the park.

You'd get to Dubai mall in about 4-6mins walking. No time at all and can cut through by the Palace and Souk Al Bahar too.
I've always really liked the Souq Al Manzil area. Always tempted to move there, but only one parking space for a two bed puts me off.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've always really liked the Souq Al Manzil area. Always tempted to move there, but only one parking space for a two bed puts me off.
Yeah, they're nice...but they're quite dark and small?

1 space for 2 beds seems the norm in lots of places, not even just here, was the same back in the Uk.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I haven't come across this area yet. Is it in the downtown area, any specific buildings ?

Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't come across this area yet. Is it in the downtown area, any specific buildings ?

Thanks
look up "old town"

and yes, they are a bit small, and can be dark due to smaller windows. low rise is nice though. I always wanted one with a garden.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 11:02 am
Just Joined

sureshk81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Checkout all properties for rent or sale in all locations at Unique Properties

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.