Bali

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Bali

Originally Posted by TA5
You just keep telling yourselves that, that's pretty much the only source of British pride i've ever heard of, so if that's what it takes to make you all feel good, by all means keep doing it.

I can think of one war that we won without Britain, the one where we fought Britain, kicked your asses, and got our country. BOOM!

Kicked our asses??? You actually LOST more battles in the Revolutionary war than you won you halfwit.

Besides, we were only ever really interested in Canada anyway!!! Did you manage to take that away from us? Don't think so.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:22 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
You just keep telling yourselves that, that's pretty much the only source of British pride i've ever heard of
"Only source"? Hardly.

For example... what language do you speak, boy?

I can think of one war that we won without Britain, the one where we fought Britain, kicked your asses, and got our country. BOOM!
And then you decided to fight a civil war amongst yourselves that created divisions and discontents that still survive to this day... although I believe that the South has put off rising again for yet *another* year.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by GarethR
although I believe that the South has put off rising again for yet *another* year.
LMAO
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:24 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Kicked our asses??? You actually LOST more battles in the Revolutionary war than you won you halfwit.

Besides, we were only ever really interested in Canada anyway!!! Did you manage to take that away from us? Don't think so.
Again, what does it matter, it was you sailing back home with white flags stuck up your asses.

We never wanted canada, or mexico for that matter, and last I checked, the French took a good chunk of Canada from you, which is just downright pathetic.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:26 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Kicked our asses??? You actually LOST more battles in the Revolutionary war than you won you halfwit
I guess our British sense of fair play should mean that we cut Tom some slack... he really doesn't know much about his country's past, after all.

Canada turned out much better than America. Proper public healthcare, and even though Canadians own as many guns per capita as Americans, Canadians don't use them to kill each other anywhere near as much as Americans do.

On the other hand, America doesn't have as many French people living there
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TA5
Again, what does it matter, it was you sailing back home with white flags stuck up your asses.
You are showing a stereotypical American geographical ignorance. We didn't have to "SAIL" to Canada. Unfortunately for you, the USA is NOT an island.

Originally Posted by TA5
We never wanted canada, or mexico for that matter, and last I checked, the French took a good chunk of Canada from you, which is just downright pathetic.
Firstly, as far as I am aware the WHOLE of Canada (although independant) is still part of the British commonwealth and nothing to do with the French whatsoever!!And didn't you actually TRY to kick us out of Canada also?

May I recommend that you read a factual book regarding the revolutionary war, something like "Rebels and Redcoats". You will find that the patriotic bullshit propaganda you were taught in elementary school was nothing akin to the actual history of the United States.

Secondly, If (and this isn't that case) it is so pathetic to have lost anything to the french then why did the US not fight instead of paying the Louisiana purchase then. Why not just take it? Simple, you never had the resources to fight another war because you threw EVERYTHING you had into fighting the British. We may not have won the Revolutionary war but our little island managed to stay the economic superpower that it has remained to this day.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:55 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

You are showing a stereotypical American geographical ignorance. We didn't have to "SAIL" to Canada. Unfortunately for you, the USA is NOT an island.

Firstly, as far as I am aware the WHOLE of Canada (although independant) is still part of the British commonwealth and nothing to do with the French whatsoever!!And didn't you actually TRY to kick us out of Canada also?

May I recommend that you read a factual book regarding the revolutionary war, something like "Rebels and Redcoats". You will find that the patriotic bullshit propaganda you were taught in elementary school was nothing akin to the actual history of the United States.

Secondly, If (and this isn't that case) it is so pathetic to have lost anything to the french then why did the US not fight instead of paying the Louisiana purchase then. Why not just take it? Simple, you never had the resources to fight another war because you threw EVERYTHING you had into fighting the British. We may not have won the Revolutionary war but our little island managed to stay the economic superpower that it has remained to this day.
Your post is a fantastic example of how sore you still are about that one.

I take it you have never been to 'French Canada'.

Yes, we did throw everything into fighting the british, and we won. A mish-mash bunch of independent colonies defeated the vaunted british military.

Economic Superpower...please, again, how many currencies are pegged to the Pound .
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Your post is a fantastic example of how sore you still are about that one.

Yes, we did throw everything into fighting the british, and we won. A mish-mash bunch of independent colonies defeated the vaunted british military.

Economic Superpower...please, again, how many currencies are pegged to the Pound .

remind me again just how strong is the dollar against the pound
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:18 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by shiva
remind me again just how strong is the dollar against the pound

Don't need to, the fact that most brits cry about it because their overseas salaries are either in dollars or pegged to the dollar is enough of a laugh.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:21 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL, the looks on the other's faces around the office when I read that bit!!
Actually yes!!!!!

They said they saw the plane hit the pentagon and

then saw some weirdo walking out of DC without wearing anything, holding a gas mask and a radiation suit and mumbling something about forgetting his K1 pills.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Don't need to, the fact that most brits cry about it because their overseas salaries are either in dollars or pegged to the dollar is enough of a laugh.

I dont think most do, and those that do, do so because the crappy dollar is so weak
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:27 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by shiva
I dont think most do, and those that do, do so because the crappy dollar is so weak
Yep, in the USA's own interests the dollar was intentionally weakened.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TA5
No...because there is NO SUCH PLACE!! There is a "Canada". If you are refering to Quebec, then say Quebec. Yes!! I have been to Quebec!! Your point being what exactly? They speak French? Well so do the Cajuns in Louisiana or is that "French America" now?

Originally Posted by TA5
"A mish mash of independant colonies"?
Armed, supplied, supported with troops and paid for by King Louis of "Pathetic" (your choice of word) FRANCE. Also assisted by numerous Dutch and German regiments and the native American tribes that were lucky enough to win the "non inihiliation" scratch cards in your founding fathers Indian genocide lottery.

"vaunted British military"
Our little island is 22 miles from our biggest and longest enemy, France. Do you really think that the C in C of the British military would send his most formidable troops 3500 miles away on a fools errand and leave the country undefended? No, that would be like keeping all your fleet in one harbour and waiting for the enemy to bomb them.
The numerous British regiments that fought in the Revolutionary war were brought in from the "fever islands" of the Carribean. Men that had been sent to the fever islands because they were generally sub standard soldiers or had bad disciplinary records. Sure there were regular troops sent from Britain, but these were the "dad's army", old soldiers and young boys. The proven and "blooded" troops were kept at home to defend the homeland from threats from the French.

Originally Posted by TA5
I would consider a country that is reputed to be the 4th or 5th biggest economy in the world an "economic superpower" may be you don't.
I have no clue how many currencies are pegged to the pound, however do know that my pound buys a hell of a lot more than your Dollar does. About 3/4 as much again.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by TA5
Yep, in the USA's own interests the dollar was intentionally weakened.

ROTFLPMSL

its piss weak because your economy is about to take a nose dive due to your inventive and imaginative policy of distributing a couple of trillion dollars to the richest few whilst at the same time giving them a tax break.
bloody genius that one
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MJC
PMSL, the looks on the other's faces around the office when I read that bit!!
You should've told us we had an audience, I'd have said something funny.
Then TA5 could've said something stupid.....oh wait......he already did that!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.