Average wage

Old Oct 22nd 2014, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Average wage

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Finally a thread with a bit of something to it.

Well we are stereotyping whole countries, Pakistanis - all drive small lorries, wear silly clothes and smell - Never met a good one yet.

(And Scamp, Seems that all but 1 Aussies are helmets, You cannot reclassify a helmet country because of 1 person. Maybe they were half English or something)
Can of worms. Opened.

She was really nice though...married an Englishman, so there's definitely some English inside her (badum tsh).
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Can of worms. Opened.
Not really, you are just presenting your self as an idiot - when I know you are not.

At least back up the casual racism and prejudiced with some made up facts like other posters do.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not really, you are just presenting your self as an idiot - when I know you are not.

At least back up the casual racism and prejudiced with some made up facts like other posters do.
Alright then.

vile
vʌɪl/
adjective
adjective: vile; comparative adjective: viler; superlative adjective: vilest

"extremely unpleasant."

In Vietnam, there were lots of Chinese folk, in the museums, at attractions, in restaurants, wandering around markets, all that kind of shit. None could have a conversation to someone stood next to them without shouting it as loud as possible. THere were zero manners displayed in places where it's appropriate - ie, outside HCM's mausoleum. It was the same, spitting everywhere, shouting etc.

They had an incessant need to be everywhere before everyone else or to be at the front etc. In one of the war museums we were watching a video. The whole way through I couldn't hear everything being said because - you guessed it non stop noise.

I stood reading an article about Agent Orange, a big chunk of text about it with pictures. 3 people came and stood directly in front of me (there wasn't really room for someone) and took photos of it, read bits of it, shouted in my precious earholes, the works.

Out for dinner, it seemed to be completely acceptable to spit food everywhere whilst talking/eating/shouting.

Don't get me started on the toilets either.

Standards and cultural customs are different everywhere, but I found the Chinese to be utterly vile.

Folk on here can say what they like, I don't really care. This statement is based on what I have experienced. None of the above is made up, but I'll make one up just to join in; 84% of Chinese people have never washed their hand after having a shit.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 10:56 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Alright then.

vile
vʌɪl/
adjective
adjective: vile; comparative adjective: viler; superlative adjective: vilest

"extremely unpleasant."

In Vietnam, there were lots of Chinese folk, in the museums, at attractions, in restaurants, wandering around markets, all that kind of shit. None could have a conversation to someone stood next to them without shouting it as loud as possible. THere were zero manners displayed in places where it's appropriate - ie, outside HCM's mausoleum. It was the same, spitting everywhere, shouting etc.

They had an incessant need to be everywhere before everyone else or to be at the front etc. In one of the war museums we were watching a video. The whole way through I couldn't hear everything being said because - you guessed it non stop noise.

I stood reading an article about Agent Orange, a big chunk of text about it with pictures. 3 people came and stood directly in front of me (there wasn't really room for someone) and took photos of it, read bits of it, shouted in my precious earholes, the works.

Out for dinner, it seemed to be completely acceptable to spit food everywhere whilst talking/eating/shouting.

Don't get me started on the toilets either.

Standards and cultural customs are different everywhere, but I found the Chinese to be utterly vile.

Folk on here can say what they like, I don't really care. This statement is based on what I have experienced. None of the above is made up, but I'll make one up just to join in; 84% of Chinese people have never washed their hand after having a shit.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 11:10 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Alright then.

[I]In Vietnam, there were lots of Chinese folk
How did you know they were Chinese and not Vietnamese?
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
They were the vile rude ones... or the funny hats.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

You can tell.

They follow tour guides with big Chinese flags. That, and they look different.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

Something I've been dreading, since living in China, is having a group of Chinese people spoil my holiday. They don't travel well, even on an internal flight - I was the only laowai on it - they were over excited, climbing over seats, running around, chatting loudly. I think the fathers were worse than the kids.

From what I heard they don't get given passports easily and require some Ganxi (influence) to go overseas. So you'd think only those more aware of foreign culture would be able to, but I've heard tales of Chinese travelers being bussed from one sight to the next, only getting off to take selfies, and generally being unaware of their surroundings or cultural mores.

Personally I think their 'rudeness' is complete ignorance of what is acceptable, and in no way arrogance or malevolence. Spitting out the small bones of fish, onto the table or the floor, is completely normal in China. Hacking up and gobbing out the window of a passing bus, onto the pavement or floor, is 'healthy'. They wouldn't do things like stand right in front of you if they were aware it isn't acceptable, so an "Excuse me" with suitable 'move out of the way' gesture wouldn't go amiss.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 5:05 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobobo

Personally I think their 'rudeness' is complete ignorance of what is acceptable, and in no way arrogance or malevolence. Spitting out the small bones of fish, onto the table or the floor, is completely normal in China. Hacking up and gobbing out the window of a passing bus, onto the pavement or floor, is 'healthy'. They wouldn't do things like stand right in front of you if they were aware it isn't acceptable, so an "Excuse me" with suitable 'move out of the way' gesture wouldn't go amiss.
Spot on...in Thailand a few years ago there were a load of Chinese tourists staying in out hotel. For them, it was acceptable to take a baby into the pool without a nappy and let it have a shit. Dirty bastards.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 6:19 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Spot on...in Thailand a few years ago there were a load of Chinese tourists staying in out hotel. For them, it was acceptable to take a baby into the pool without a nappy and let it have a shit. Dirty bastards.
I've been on holiday when a Dutch nappy less toddler took a piss onto my flip flops and he parents laughed about how cute the kids was. No apology to me. Given they were bigger than me, I took the passive aggressive British approach and when they had gone to get lunch I used their towel to wipe the piss off the shoes.

(And I swear it is the Dutch not Germans that book the loungers with the towels in the mornings.)
Old Oct 26th 2014, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
I've been on holiday when a Dutch nappy less toddler took a piss onto my flip flops and he parents laughed about how cute the kids was. No apology to me. Given they were bigger than me, I took the passive aggressive British approach and when they had gone to get lunch I used their towel to wipe the piss off the shoes.

(And I swear it is the Dutch not Germans that book the loungers with the towels in the mornings.)
The Dutch are vile people.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 5:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Dutch are vile people.
Careful. They're an awfully-lot bigger than you...
Old Oct 27th 2014, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Careful. They're an awfully-lot bigger than you...
No one can take a head-butt to the nuts.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:06 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

No one can take a head-butt to the nuts.
eunuchs don't have a problem with that particular strategy..
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

You should have pissed on their flip flops.....while they were wearing them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.