Reload this Page >

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

ttaffyboy1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Al Mirfa in the UAE

Originally Posted by mannyuk
Hi please how long did u have to wait after you submitted your application to hear from DB? I have been waiting for 2 months now. Cheers
Hi, they don't rush anything so just sit tight and wait. I think they are struggling with the volume of applications at the moment as well.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mannyuk
Hi please how long did u have to wait after you submitted your application to hear from DB? I have been waiting for 2 months now. Cheers
Have you tried ringing / e-mailing them to ask for an update on your application???? I believe on most phones you can do both!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Have you tried ringing / e-mailing them to ask for an update on your application???? I believe on most phones you can do both!
Oh please! It is much better to ask random strangers on the internet than pursuing through conventional means.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Popebanku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm also looking at the option of joining DB in UAE as a train driver. I haven't applied for the job yet as I want to do a thorough research before going for it.
As yet I'm not aware of the salary. Any rough ideas as to how much freight train drivers get paid? Any advice is deeply appreciated.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Rob00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Considering the step to drive trains in UAE too..
Anyone have any practical advice or tips ? Any help greatly appreciated.
Rob
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:31 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

jeez,
it seems I made the wrong career choice!
Didnt I hear somewhere that a lot of train people were let go a while ago?
I mean whats the point of having trains when there are no people traveling in them?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
jeez,
it seems I made the wrong career choice!
Didnt I hear somewhere that a lot of train people were let go a while ago?
I mean whats the point of having trains when there are no people traveling in them?
The Abu Dhabi design team was let go by Etihad Rail as Stage 2 is on hold, but not staff from the operating side, who are employed by Etihad Rail DB, a different entity. They're the mob based at Mirfa who operate and maintain the existing Stage 1 railway, and those jobs are (as far as any is) safe. They're the ones recruiting drivers. I was with one of the ERDB inspectors today and he reckons anything between 6 months and 2 years for Stage 2 to start up again, which will link the existing network with Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and the two ports, but in the meantime there'll be some Stage 3 stuff kicking off soon (new OCC), it's all a bit of a change of plan.

Still plenty of rail work happening but the focus has gone off GCC railway stuff in favour of national projects, particularly light rail and metro. Saudi is still tunnelling under Riyadh and is about to appoint shadow operators for there and Jeddah, but I gather there are hold-ups on North-South. The Qataris are still going for it on Doha Metro with a thinned-down staff, some tunnel linings in, others not bored yet, and have backburnered mainline. Bahrain is planning light rail, was there a couple of days ago. Dubai has got plenty happening with Red Line extension. Oman has switched plans from international corridor to domestic mines-to-port stuff, budget approved though. I had a call the other day about Abu Dhabi Metro starting up again but not sure how reliable that info is. Kuwait nothing happening that I'm aware of.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Standanista
Dubai has got plenty happening with Red Line extension.
Dubai metro is driverless.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
brainless.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Not if you've got a shunter's key or are any good on an LDT or rail grinder.

Tons of work coming up on Dubai Metro with Route 2020 (unless you're a train driver), watch this space.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Standanista
Not if you've got a shunter's key or are any good on an LDT or rail grinder.

Tons of work coming up on Dubai Metro with Route 2020 (unless you're a train driver), watch this space.
and the OP specifically asked about train driving jobs of which there ain't none.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

and the OP specifically asked about train driving jobs of which there ain't none.
Lucky I was responding to Irishbeekeeper then about train jobs in general.

However, you are wrong either way. Yes there are train drivers jobs come up on Dubai Metro, fairly regularly, on the maintenance side. Anybody interested should enquire with Serco at Rashidiya OCC.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Az84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been looking for a train driver poisition in Dubai/Abu Dhabi for a while but can't seem to find anything anywhere. Been driving trains here for a few years here at the UK but was interested in the UAE. Went on Etihad rail website and it seems to ask a lot questions on the form so wasn't sure if that was the right one. The application form was not for a specific position but a general form they have. Can anyone point me to the right place and also what is the difference in salary for the rail and metro? Thanks in advance
Old Jan 11th 2017, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Az84
Been looking for a train driver poisition in Dubai/Abu Dhabi for a while but can't seem to find anything anywhere. Been driving trains here for a few years here at the UK but was interested in the UAE. Went on Etihad rail website and it seems to ask a lot questions on the form so wasn't sure if that was the right one. The application form was not for a specific position but a general form they have. Can anyone point me to the right place and also what is the difference in salary for the rail and metro? Thanks in advance

Metro driver salaries must be terrible as I've never seen a driver.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Az84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Metro driver salaries must be terrible as I've never seen a driver.
Thanks Millhouse, I decided to fill out the etihad rail form out. Lets hope it gets somewhere. Also looking at train driver positions in Abu Dhabi. Metro seems a little off to me, rather stick to mainline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.